SKL F quieter with new access rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKL F quieter with new access rules

I just had 4 segments in F on which I got access to the SIN SKL F. I'll admit, just 4 is a small sample, but they were all at different times:
    8AM, 10AM, 3PM and 8PM and every time the SKL was very sparsely populated.
    Is my observation the new norm or just an anomaly?
    Did the QPP member flying on J really make the bulk of the crowd prior to the rule change?

Any thoughts?

PS: I'd be glad to see there's no more over crowded SKL-F like there used to be on a regular basis.

SKL business lounge sucks!!!

As a PPS club member for the third term, I feel, SQ is downgrading itself by imposing the rules to access the lounge... Recently, I was at SKL business lounge at Changi and it is like a train platform in Tokyo station.... It sucks!! I quit the lounge in abt 15 mins and went down to breath the air in open lobby and in the process purchased some junk items too!!

When there is a rule the F class lounge is only for F class passengers why there is no rule that Business lounge is only for J class guys??? In addition, the guests also form a considerable part and the Business Lounge "Platform" creates an unhealthy situation in the mornings change-over...

Is SQ listening to all these complaints or sincere requests are thrashed????

a loyalist of SQ excluding the lounge access!!!!

Comment

Yep, agreed - anytime I've been in SKL F since the change, it has been super quiet. But anytime I've been in the SKL J Lounge, it's been exactly as described above ... a train station.. and not worth it.
      PPS doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
        Yep, agreed - anytime I've been in SKL F since the change, it has been super quiet. But anytime I've been in the SKL J Lounge, it's been exactly as described above ... a train station.. and not worth it.
        PPS doesn't seem worth it.
        Your profile seems to indicate you are TPP. If so, you can go to the F side no matter what class you are flying.

Comment

Originally posted by kanna View Post
          When there is a rule the F class lounge is only for F class passengers why there is no rule that Business lounge is only for J class guys???
          Please don't suggest such a thing !
          Some PPS members like me still have to fly economy regularly and to take away SKL J access for us would be a big blow for us.
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Very true DeltaFlyingProf, but I often fly with a group of work colleagues - seems a bit silly to be sitting in a different lounge to them. (Well, except one guy that annoys me :-)
            But my point is that PPS has been devalued significantly..

Comment

PPS privilege really sucks

Why don't SIA scrap the whole PPS program and contended with the GOLD SILVER PLATINUM or whatever like other airlines???
              The guys who decide the new rules are really eccentric or out of their minds during the decision making meeting!!! or it is kind of vengence they are taking on the high profile guests travelling in J class? Actually, most of SQ flights are empty in Y FULL in J and almost empty in F. So, the loyalists are punished just because they do not know how to handle the waitlist at J class and in the process SQ will loose the loyalists....! At least, I will pray for such a thing to happen!!!!!

Are you listening - the guys at the Krisflyer Programme... Why you guys are taking negative attitude in imposing restrictions instead of improving the infra at the lounge area???????

Talking about the lounge it really SUCKS

Comment

A huge relief for me as I did not really go for the PPS (as I intended). Right now, MPC looks like the program for me At least the Wing and Pier ARE NOT that crowded as compared to the SKL C lounge

Comment

Change-Over????

I am also thinking of shifting my carrier that can provide me PERFECT service in all aspects. If SQ is being pulled down by some guys who decide against the loyal customers, it is for the SQ management to react and not the loyalists. We can only voice our concern in such forums and I had written personally to the Customer Service as well (but did not get a reply so far!!!).

Professional Excellence should not bring "human arrogance" in a service company and if it does, the company will cease to exist after all the loyalists make the company grow and in the case of SQ, the Business Class Customers are the major strength and this fades away or choose to fade away, then the reactions will be heavy.

Anyway, I am disappointed with new PPS rules as others in this forum!!!

a frustrated loyal customer who still believe SQ will revert back the PPS rules or scrap the program completely!!!!

Comment

MPC and PPS

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                    A huge relief for me as I did not really go for the PPS (as I intended). Right now, MPC looks like the program for me At least the Wing and Pier ARE NOT that crowded as compared to the SKL C lounge
                    I had just looked at MPC tier status and qualifications and services. It looked very impressive and the OneWorld Partners also looks excellent. Only, I have to find out the transit points to my destinations in Europe, US and Australia travel for origin start at Narita, Tokyo.

I will surely study this. The Diamond qualification itself is only 160000 miles. With my PPS miles, I could qualify for 4 years in a row..!!!!

Thanks

Comment

the whole bunch is moved to the J Class "Train Station"

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                      I just had 4 segments in F on which I got access to the SIN SKL F. I'll admit, just 4 is a small sample, but they were all at different times:
                      8AM, 10AM, 3PM and 8PM and every time the SKL was very sparsely populated.
                      Is my observation the new norm or just an anomaly?
                      Did the QPP member flying on J really make the bulk of the crowd prior to the rule change?

Any thoughts?

PS: I'd be glad to see there's no more over crowded SKL-F like there used to be on a regular basis.
                      Yeap!! the whole of J class privileges customers were moved to the Junk J Class lounge where one can hardly breath and rest!! You deserved to enjoy the life at F class Castle!!!
                      It is a pity that J class is treated like "roaming ants" though the bulk of profit comes from such J class passengers who make the flight J cabin always FULL!!! That is moral story of current SQ!!!!

Anyway, enjoy your hospitablity... at F as long as you can!!!

Comment

Okay - I think some people have made their points very clear here. If there's no new material of substance to add here in the next 24 hours, I'll lock the thread.

Comment

I will surely study this. The Diamond qualification itself is only 160000 miles. With my PPS miles, I could qualify for 4 years in a row..!!!!
                          Just a correction before I move to my main point below. Because of MPC miles and sectors reset whenever you achieve a new level, it takes 210,000 miles from a standing start to achieve Diamond. I don't know how you got 160,000.
                          Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Okay - I think some people have made their points very clear here. If there's no new material of substance to add here in the next 24 hours, I'll lock the thread.
                          I agree with SQflyergirl. This thread is about the bustle or lack of bustle at the SIN SKL F / C. It shouldn't be a multi-post explanation of shifting to a different FFP.
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 4 October 2007, 04:03 PM.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

With your 640K PPS miles, you should be a TPP(Criteria is 500K PPS miles) and should be enjoying the said F class castle.

Just sneaked past SQFG's 24 hr deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              With your 640K PPS miles, you should be a TPP(Criteria is 500K PPS miles) and should be enjoying the said F class castle.
                              Good point. There is no way to have 640K of PPS Miles without having Solitaire status.

Comment

Working...
                              X