My PPS experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PPS experience

Hello all, been lurking for the past year and have greatly appreciated this friendly and helpful community, and so decided to put in my first post.

I managed to qualify for QPP1 one year ago from unprecedented business travelling. I was initially really thrilled and was expecting the extra little touches that SQ is sometimes capable off. However, apart from being able to use the SKL at Changi, there was very little to differentiate the ground service from *G. On board, I had only one flight experience worthy of PPS service. I was greeted by name when I boarded, the IFS came to say hello, I was asked if I wanted any newspapers etc, I was given first choice from the menu and was served before anyone else, and when the FS saw me queuing up for the toilet, I was invited to use the Raffles class toilets. Before leaving, I was also given the fast track card to use at Heathrow. I was flying economy then.

I guess there have also been other things which are quite important like clearing waitlists and especially using KF points to upgrade.

I ma now back down to *G, and I am glad that SQ hasn't spoilt me too much while I was a PPS! No withdrawal symptoms yet...........

Welcome to SQTalk, LHR !
    Glad you decided to be an active member.

I am in the same boat as you - I qualified for PPS Jan this year, and will quite likely drop to *G next Feb.
    I am luckier though, having got one upgrade last week SYD-SIN from Y to J. The SQ manager said that it was, of course, thanks to my PPS status.
    Other than that, other privileges I have enjoyed are checking in at the J counter, the various SKL lounges, and LHR VS lounge, and usage of the KF miles earning Amex PPS card.

Cheers.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk LHR.

I don't think anyone dropping from PPS to KF Gold or other *A Gold should be in the least bit concerned nowadays. PPS is simply not worth worrying about.

Comment

Yes my PPS runs out in a couple of months and I was thinking that this was going to be a very traumatic experience but thanks to SQ I am no longer bothered about it all (must be one of those enhancements they were talking about).

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Quite pleased at making *G actually, especially since the important perks i.e. priority checkin, lounge access and additional baggage allowance are about the same as PPS.

That said, I wouldn't mind some of CGK's caviar and champagne from his recent trip!

Comment

it is good to be *G rather than PPS

with the recent changes (or substantial downgrading of PPS), it is better to be a *G member!!! At least, your *G card will look impressive!!!
            Unfortunately, that day is a long way for me, meaning downgrade to *G that I am longing to see....
            My recent experiences at SKL is far from satisfactory level, I decided to skip that facility from activity and settled down to buy some items in the shops instead of using the SKL crowded, un-breatheable area at changi.

anyway, that is life!! and we have to accept it as it is decided by the PPS club decision makers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kanna View Post
              with the recent changes (or substantial downgrading of PPS), it is better to be a *G member!!! At least, your *G card will look impressive!!!
              Unfortunately, that day is a long way for me, meaning downgrade to *G that I am longing to see....

(1) PPS is *G. (2) I don't think anyone here would make the generalization "*G is better than PPS". (3) Which *G card do you find impressive?

anyway, that is life!! and we have to accept it as it is decided by the PPS club decision makers!!!
              Yes, it is indeed advisable to let go and move on.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 4 October 2007, 04:14 PM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

... using the SKL crowded, un-breatheable area at changi.
                Wow, a script writer in the making!
                Again, you have the choice, and you can exercise your choice action. Furthermore, being *G, it doesn't mean you will have better experience. If you take SQ, your *G status will be behind all the other unsatisfied QPP as you have shown in all your six posts so far. And being *G on SQ, it doesn't mean that you will get better treatment when flying other *A. As an example, I am LH SEN which is a *G as well. When taking LH, I know I got trampled down by those LH HON. Same thing with my UA *G. I am in higher priority than the *G UA Premier Executive since I am UA 1K, but I am lost behind those UA UGSs.
                In short, evaluate your travel patterns, what priority objectives of you have for becoming an elite FFP member, and, do try other airlines and make comparison. Well, especially you said you flew 640K PPS miles, and I can imagine how many top tier status you can have with those miles flown.
                Happy flying!
                Cheers...

Comment

Working...
                X