VS Gold: EWR + Other Lounges + Gold Baggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS Gold: EWR + Other Lounges + Gold Baggage

As some of you maybe aware last time I did the EWR-SIN flight I flirted my way into the SQ (shared SAS) lounge; half by saying it was a VS FC red benefit (white lie, I know), half by flirting and mainly the agent was not the brightest. But now I am Gold. Newark is not one of the SQ lounges listed on the VS site as to access so I e-mail VS. They replied this:
    I would like to inform that as a Flying Club Gold card member benefit, you will be able to access either the SQ Lounge or our Clubhouse regardless of booked class or allocation (VS or SQ).
    So do you think I would be allowed in the SQ (SAS) lounge and the VS CH if I bought a copy of this e-mail? Any past tips experience?

Any issues using the VS Gold card to access the Premier lounge and KrisLounges in SYD?

Also has anyone used the extra baggage benefit on SQ?

Whichever class you fly in, you automatically receive priority airport standby and priority boarding, plus priority baggage loading and an additional 20kg excess baggage allowance.

Originally posted by mcsabenjamin View Post
    Any issues using the VS Gold card to access the Premier lounge and KrisLounges in SYD?

Also has anyone used the extra baggage benefit on SQ?
    A friend of mine was given the baggage privileges (priority baggage tagging, extra allowance) and access to the SATS Premier Lounge the couple of times he travelled in SQ Y [LHR-SIN] as VS Gold. Just to be safe, I'd have that printout and would politely ask for a supervisor's help in clarifying the rules, should a ground agent insist on an interpretation that contradicts the email.

I'm not sure how to extrapolate those experiences to a contract lounge like the SAS Lounge in EWR. Personally, I'd trust the email and cover my bases by printing out a hardcopy and asking for a supervisor if necessary (and of course, using the charm that has served you well in the past ).

Welcome to SQTalk, mcsabenjamin.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
    X