SIN-BNE SQ245 with Medical Incidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-BNE SQ245 with Medical Incidence

Hi guys, I just arrived in BNE from ICN with an overnight in SIN.
    I was on SQ245 today, everything was going usual and somewhere over the north west Australia, an announcement was made. "one passenger in Y is ill and in need of medical assistance. If there is any doctor, please identify yourself to one of the cabin crew". Medical kits were brought by cabin crew.

And one man made appearance in Y from C, following Chief Steward. (It's amazing how much doctors get paid~!). The man injected something into the ill woman.

Once the aircraft parked at the gate, everyone stood up to get their luggages from overhead compartment but then another PA "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain. The Australian quarantine team will be coming onboard to check. Please be seated for another 10 minutes or so, I will turn on the seatbelt sign on. Thank you for your consideration."

And once the quarantine team came onboard, they checked the ill woman and we were allowed to disembark. Well I'm sure most you have experienced this kind of situations but hey, first time for me ~!!

p.s : as of today, I made * Silver through Asiana Club !!!

The only situation I can remember was on a flight from FRA to SIN. Someone in F collapsed due to heart problemes. Plane stood on the tarmac for 3 h before they sorted everything out.
    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Same thing happened on my flight SIN-SYD on Sep 18.

One stewardess was sick and was also given an injection.
      It's the Aussie immigration/quarantine officers who want to ensure that the sick passenger/crew doesn't have an infectious disease.
      After landing, the IFS announced that one of the crew was ill, and asked for all passengers to be patient while some checks are done.
      Everyone on board was very cooperative about it, and the delay was only a few minutes in all.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

actually if the F or Y class is not even full - and if the doctor did save a pax in an emergency, the cabin crew or CPT can avoid all this by just acede to the doctor's request. And it saved thousands or even millions of dollars for the airline as it doesnt have to make a medical emergency diversion - which entails likely even long delay and even flight cancellation due to exceeding flight crew manning hours - and provision of hotel rooms for the pax and if its a offline airport, its even more difficult for the airline to coordinate. Unless of course F or J is full, then there is nothing much to do.

Comment

oh above was referring to the recent case where an aussie doctor billed MH for her medical services during a medical condition of one of the pax - when her request to be ugraded after treating the pax was refused even though that flight have less than 50% in its J class.

Comment

Bird Strike on 9V-S**

A few days ago, I flew on SQ281 SIN-AKL route. I was sitting in Raffles Class and there was a bird strike. I could se the bird shooting into the engine. Shortly after, came a loud grind. We diverted to SYD and landed safely.

Comment

Originally posted by ihjp View Post
              A few days ago, I flew on SQ281 SIN-AKL route. I was sitting in Raffles Class and there was a bird strike. I could se the bird shooting into the engine. Shortly after, came a loud grind. We diverted to SYD and landed safely.
              If you diverted to SYD going from SIN to AKL - you must have been quite a way into the flight, and probably at cruising altitude. That bird must have flown pretty high. Impressive bird actually.

Comment

wah if really bird strike at cruising attitude - then doesnt seem like bird strike - unless when descending below 10,000 ft or on taking off

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  If you diverted to SYD going from SIN to AKL - you must have been quite a way into the flight, and probably at cruising altitude. That bird must have flown pretty high. Impressive bird actually.
                  Indeed!

Comment

Does a birdstrike always lead onto a rerouting? Probably the Pilot decided to fly on to Sydney (Or it was a low flying UFO )
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                    X