No more PPS stickers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more PPS stickers?

Hi - I got on a flight from Frankfurt to Singapore last night. When I went to the transfer counter to get my boarding pass, the attendent gave me my pass without the normal Solitaire gold sticker. When I asked why I didn't get one (and they did have stickers available), he said he had been told that as of today (ie 29 September), they were not to put them on boarding passes.

Is that really the case... has anyone else had this experience?

Surely a little touch which makes a frequent flyer feel special.

By the way, the new business class beds are fab!

Hmmm. Given a choice between the old seats and a sticker or the new seats but with no sticker, I'd have to think about that for a while.

Comment

I've just been advised that the withdrawal of PPS stickers is 'effective immediately.' So it looks like krisflyer's experience is not an anomaly.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

reasons?

Comment

You mean, now we have to flash our cards around?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            Hmmm. Given a choice between the old seats and a sticker or the new seats but with no sticker, I'd have to think about that for a while.
            It is not a matter of either the sticker or the new bed, IMHO.
            A lot of these little touches helped make being a QPP/TPP more special.
            I don't understand why SQ is actually making so much effort to make PPS Club less glamorous and special for members. Tuned down luggage tags, no number of years qualified on boarding passes, now no more stickers.
            From the practical side, it will make it harder for the gate agent to enforce priority boarding for PPS members and for the lounge agent to check for lounge access.

May I suggest to SQ to scrap PPS Club altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              No kidding. It's like this ultraspecial club where the only kick/perk is the fact that you are a member of this ultraspecial club.

Whatever.

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

OMG! What will SQ scrap next? Maybe we, the PPS members of SQ, are indeed liabilities for SQ.

Comment

How much does SQ save by eliminating the PPS stickers? This is getting silly.

Comment

This is akin to concerted internal sabotage.

I really don't know at which point SQ management woke up with the idea to systematically destroy the most successful loyalty programme in existence?!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        OMG! What will SQ scrap next?
                        PPS Centre at Paragon...

Comment

It is not a matter of either the sticker or the new bed, IMHO.
                          A lot of these little touches helped make being a QPP/TPP more special.
                          I don't understand why SQ is actually making so much effort to make PPS Club less glamorous and special for members. Tuned down luggage tags, no number of years qualified on boarding passes, now no more stickers.
                          From the practical side, it will make it harder for the gate agent to enforce priority boarding for PPS members and for the lounge agent to check for lounge access.

Yes, it is disheartening to see SQ acting in a way to take away the little things that makes PPS different. The next question on my mind is to weight the differences between PPS and the Gold Card and the tier membership of One World in consideration of SQ's higher fares.

Load factors are high despite higher fare (albeit fuel costs have advanced) and probably Management felt that PPS is less important now unlike in the past used as a tool to advance Premium Class Travel with SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                            Yes, it is disheartening to see SQ acting in a way to take away the little things that makes PPS different. The next question on my mind is to weight the differences between PPS and the Gold Card and the tier membership of One World in consideration of SQ's higher fares.

Load factors are high despite higher fare (albeit fuel costs have advanced) and probably Management felt that PPS is less important now unlike in the past used as a tool to advance Premium Class Travel with SQ.
                            Seems like you may be right. They are focusing much more on 'right now'. I am guessing that they are so confident that they will continue to be the best in the air that they don't need to woo us much (if any) for loyalty. We will just return for the good products. For the long haul products, yes maybe - but others are catching up! Look at BA's NCW, CX's new First... they are not that far behind SQ's.

For regional products, SQ's marginally better products can usually be way too much premium over the competitions. But then again, yes I am probably not their desired target market whose employer/company will pay any price to get on the plane in J/F to go somewhere.

I have been trying to make sense of the cutbacks of the PPS Club. I have made myself understand some of them (crowded lounges, etc.), but things like these... I am really at loss of what to think. It is like a game of 'how far can we go to reduce perks & glams and still let them s*ck it up'.

As to comparing to other OneWorld Gold memberships - I am pretty sure that the other program shows more appreciation of our business.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              PPS Centre at Paragon...
                              I am pretty sure Solitaire priority tags will be gone soon. Lest us TPPs feel too special.

Comment

Working...
                              X