Collecting with M&M or other FFP - flying in premium classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting with M&M or other FFP - flying in premium classes

Hi everyone, as I have requalified for SEN-status till 2010 I would like to collect my miles with a different program. Usually I am flying premium cabins except on intra-european routes and I am only flying with Star Alliance. I hope you can give me some advices which FFP to choose.

regards hon2
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

I tend to consolidate all my miles from 1 alliance into 1 FFP. Then again I don't think I fly quite as much as some of you here.

For an alternate *A FFP and since you seem to have a reasonable amount of long haul premium flying, I'd suggest going for BD diamond club for the decent earn:burn. The earn rates for premium travel is quite good, and you get a bonus after getting *S status. "Cash+miles" is also a winner.

You need 57 000 miles to get *G the first time round (3000 for blue plus + 16 000 for *S + 38 000 for *G, 1 year for each, status miles reset after attaining each status) You need only 38 000 miles to requalify for BD*G and so it is quite possible to maintain *G in both BD and LH if you play your cards right.

You also get access to the VS CH at LHR T3 with BD*G, however I'm not sure if flying other airlines with BD*G gets you entry or if you can get access only when flying VS.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 29 September 2007, 06:58 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
    X