Transfer desk for Jetstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer desk for Jetstar?

If one were connecting in Changi to a Jetstar flight, is it possible to use a transfer desk? Or do you have to go through immigrations/customs and check-in at the regular counters?

Thanks.

For Jetstar, you have to clear immigration and check in again. Same for Air Asia and other budget carriers. For other airlines in T1, Tranfer C handles all airlines handled by SATS, Swissport, AF, EK. Transfer D handles all airlines handled by SATS, CIAS (With the exception of AF & EK which is at Transfer C).

For T2, Transfer E handles ALL flights in and out of T2. Transfer F handles all flights with the exception of LH, PR, MH, which is at Transfer E.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Thanks nykelaz for your knowledgeable reply.

May I ask which desk handles LX?

Comment

Answering my own question ...

From the Changi website:

You can check-in at any of the transfer lounges except for the following airlines:

* Swiss International Airlines, United Airlines – Transfer C, Terminal 1
        * Cathay Pacific Airways – Transfer D, Terminal 1
        * Lufthansa German Airlines, Malaysian Airlines – Transfer E, Terminal 2

Comment

Originally posted by Coles View Post
          Thanks nykelaz for your knowledgeable reply.

May I ask which desk handles LX?
          LX is handled by Swissport, which means you can get your boarding pass at Tranfer C. However, as Changi is an everchanging place, it is adviceble to check with your airline before your depart. LX might be transfering at C today, but god knows when will they change it to D? The information provided by me is correct at of Today (30/9/07). I will try to post new information about the transfering procedures along the way.

By the way, the new Etihad Airlines is handled by SATS. This means that you can get your boarding pass from either Transfer E or F in T2.
          Last edited by nykelaz; 30 September 2007, 11:55 PM.
          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by Coles View Post
            From the Changi website:

You can check-in at any of the transfer lounges except for the following airlines:

* Swiss International Airlines, United Airlines – Transfer C, Terminal 1
            * Cathay Pacific Airways – Transfer D, Terminal 1
            * Lufthansa German Airlines, Malaysian Airlines – Transfer E, Terminal 2
            By the way, the Changi website is not updated frequently. PR should also be transfered in E, while AF should transfer at C too. There's more updates. I'm lazy to type it out. Refer to my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
              By the way, the new Etihad Airlines is handled by SATS. This means that you can get your boarding pass from either Transfer E or F in T2.
              Wrong! You can only check in at Transfer E for Etihad. They are using the same system (CUTE) which can only be found at Transfer E.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                Wrong! You can only check in at Transfer E for Etihad. They are using the same system (CUTE) which can only be found at Transfer E.
                I've checked with CAAS officials and that's what they told me. Hmmm, I must go and double check. Thanks for the info anyway Jubilee777. Will post this up when I got it confirmed.

Comment

I tend to think that if that's what Jubilee777 says about an operational matter at Changi, then that's probably correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I tend to think that if that's what Jubilee777 says about an operational matter at Changi, then that's probably correct.
                    I second that!
                    I wonder who were the CAAS officers who told nykelaz.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence MAN Flyer and CGK

Anyway, I have checked with the Head of Operation in T2 from CAAS. He confirmed that MAS, Etihad, Lufthansa and Philippines uses only Transfer E. SQ, Silkair and Royal Brunei can use both Transfers E and F

Comment

Well, then Jubilee777 must be correct since he checked it with the Head of Operations. I've checked only with the CSOs and SATS staff at T2. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          Well, then Jubilee777 must be correct since he checked it with the Head of Operations. I've checked only with the CSOs and SATS staff at T2. Sorry for any confusion caused.

No Problem,

I better feedback that the staff on the ground are still confused..

Comment

Wouldn't it be interesting ?
                            Last edited by SQflyergirl; 5 October 2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I've checked it out yesterday with another staff. Apparently this CSO didn't even know there was such an airline until I've mention to her the new airline flying into T2. I've kindly asked her to reconfirm which Transfer counter Etihad would be in, and she made a call to the office. Yes, it is confirmed that Etihad uses Tranfer E. I'll just give it the benefit of the doubt that she's still new to her job.

P.S. Yes, Jubilee777, please feedback to the management. Apprarently this is not the only thing the staff were confused about. I think they need to be more uniform in training the CSOs.

Comment

Working...
                              X