Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redemption bookings need to be ticketed immediately if confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption bookings need to be ticketed immediately if confirmed?

Came across this on SQ's website:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...ws/news_04.jsp

Please ticket your redemption flights immediately

This is a gentle reminder to all members that all flight bookings, including those for redemption flights have a ticketing time limit, before which flights must be ticketed or they will be cancelled.
    Confirmed redemption bookings must be ticketed immediately. Waitlisted redemption bookings must be ticketed within the specified time limit when the bookings are confirmed or the full itinerary for that booking will be cancelled.

To prevent inconvenience caused by cancellation of your flights, please have your ticket issued immediately once your redemption flight is confirmed.
    Haven't made any redemption bookings for a long time now. Is this something new that applies to bookings made by phone/through SQ offices?

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Haven't made any redemption bookings for a long time now. Is this something new that applies to bookings made by phone/through SQ offices?
    I had it a few months back for my upgrade request (via phone). After two rounds of being on the waitlist, it cleared within 4 days of flight. When it was confirmed, I received an urgent email requesting immediate ticketing.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

Think that has been the case for quite a while.
      What I do (if I dont want the ticket to be issued immediately) is to in addition flight that I want to travel on, select a flight that requires waitlist. Hence, you would not need to issue your ticket until nearer your travel date.

cheers
      Acey

Comment

My last redemption was end of last year, via the website, and I think that this policy was already in place then.

Comment

Working...
        X