Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with BD mileage

Hi everyone,
    I recently switched my mileage to BD after hitting SEN status. I had a question though because my miles don't seem to be reflecting correctly on two of the 3 flights i've credited to BD. My first flight was a full C ticket on SQ from TPE-LAX, that only showed up as 6788 miles (just the exact distance- no class bonus for C). I then had a UA Y ticket from LAX to SFO last week. I then had a separate UA F ticket from SFO to Portland, OR on the same day. My Y ticket from LAX to SFO gave me 600 miles, which I think is more than I should have received since the distance is only approx 400 miles, but the F ticket to PDX only gave me 600 miles also. The return leg of the Portland-SFO ticket i credited to my LH account, and received 1650 miles for the PDX-SFO leg, which is what i feel I should have received for my F class SFO-PDX sector that i credited to BD, as it is approx 550 miles from Portland to SFO, and you receive 300% mileage credit on UA for both LH and BD mileage programs. Does BMI not give class bonus until you have achieved silver or gold status? I currently have 7988 destinations miles and 4988 status miles on a blue plus tier status. I feel they have shorted me 1050 status and destination miles on the SFO-PDX route, and 3394 status and destination miles on the TPE-LAX route. I am not sure if they have given me too many miles on the LAX-SFO route, of if 600 miles is base mileage for flights credited to BD. I credited my return SFO-LAX flight to my BD membership as well, but those miles have yet to post, as the flight was just last night. Am I misunderstanding the BD membership program? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    TaipeiFlyer

Taipeiflyer, this link will help you. You earn class bonus irrespective of your status.

In the meantime, I'll try to decipher your one paragraph question.

TPE-LAX in SQ C should earn you 1.5 x 6788 miles.
    LAX-SFO in UA Y should earn you min 600 miles (<-- corrected.. Thanks jjpb3)
    SFO-PDX in UA F should earn you 3.0 x 600 miles (<-- corrected.. Thanks jjpb3)

Looks like some problems with BD mileage calculations. PM Joanna at TOF in the BD Forum to assist you.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 12 September 2007, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Status bonuses should come through and obviously they haven't for you.

If you give an email to diamond.club@flybmi.com and wait around two to three days then you should get a satisfactory reply and resolution - they're normally good like that.

Comment

thanks to both singapore_air and SQFAN. =)

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          Taipeiflyer, this link will help you. In the meantime, I'll try to decipher your one paragraph question.

TPE-LAX in SQ C should earn you 1.5 x 6788 miles.
          LAX-SFO in UA Y should earn you 1.0 x 337 miles
          SFO-PDX in UA F should earn you 3.0 x 550 miles
          There's a 600-mile minimum for non-BD flights, so the 600 miles taipeiflyer received was correct.

The status and destination miles from the other flights look wrong to me. SFO-PDX should have been 1,800 in F.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 12 September 2007, 03:31 AM.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            There's a 600-mile minimum for non-BD flights, so the 600 miles taipeiflyer received was correct..
            Thanks for the reminder, jjpb3 . I keep on what? I can't remember .

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
              My first flight was a full C ticket on SQ from TPE-LAX, that only showed up as 6788 miles (just the exact distance- no class bonus for C).
              Yep, know all about this. I have had 20+ SQ flights in the last two months and every one without fail has posted as Y milesage instead of J. Joanna has been changing it automatically for me recently it's happenned that many times and has been trying to sort it out with SQ.

BTW, YGPM.

Comment

thanks a lot jjpb3! you and me are very alike in our doting upon our nieces.

Comment

thanks a lot MANFlyer... that was really courteous of you! Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Yep, know all about this. I have had 20+ SQ flights in the last two months and every one without fail has posted as Y milesage instead of J. Joanna has been changing it automatically for me recently it's happenned that many times and has been trying to sort it out with SQ.
                    Sounds like a problem similar to what BD used to have with LX miles. I used to chase after BDDC to have the miles (zero would be awarded) credited manually.

Now LX miles post promptly and correctly.

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    thanks a lot jjpb3! you and me are very alike in our doting upon our nieces.
                    I spoil the one in Singapore rotten.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Sounds like a problem similar to what BD used to have with LX miles. I used to chase after BDDC to have the miles (zero would be awarded) credited manually.

Now LX miles post promptly and correctly.

I spoil the one in Singapore rotten.
                      my oldest niece's (she just turned 3 on mon) first word was "unkoo".... i am the proudest unkoo in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X