MH lounge closure and staff cuts at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH lounge closure and staff cuts at Changi

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but the MH Golden Lounge near the SKL at Changi has closed. Their pax now use the Premier Lounge opposite. I also heard they have cut back on many of their ground staff at Changi as well.

Bearing in mind they claim that KUL-SIN is one of their few profitable routes I find this quite strange. Are things that bad at MH ?.

Actually it's good because they transferred the business to Singapore Airport Terminal Services Limited - One With You - and a Subsidiary of Singapore Airlines Limited.

Comment

The cost of operating in Changi with a dedicated pool of MH staff and a small lounge is way too high. Thats why MH is cost cutting here...80 staff laid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
        The cost of operating in Changi with a dedicated pool of MH staff and a small lounge is way too high. Thats why MH is cost cutting here...80 staff laid off.
        That's a shame when people are losing their jobs.

It's also absolutely ridicluous when they keep that farcical EZE flight that bleeds money going just because Motor Mouth has got a ranch over there.

I see that more political interference has forced them into keeping the heavily loss making KUL-ARN-EWR route going after they announced they were dropping it. They'll never get out of the mess they are in until the politicians leave them alone.

Shame, as they are generally great to fly with.

Comment

Shame deed . I've only been on their SIN lounge once and thought it was pretty nice

Comment

Unfortunate that people lost their jobs.

But I'm surprised that SQ hasn't decided to tear down the walls to connect the SKL to their F section. Would that perhaps alleviate a little of the crowds, especially in the mornings? Also, would it provide tarmac views?

Comment

Windows! Natural light!

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                But I'm surprised that SQ hasn't decided to tear down the walls to connect the SKL to their F section. Would that perhaps alleviate a little of the crowds, especially in the mornings? Also, would it provide tarmac views?
                That's the first thing I asked the SKL Dragons, to which they replied 'nothing to do with us, write to them and suggest it'. I have already filled in one of the comment forms in the SKL and handed it in.

However, I was later informed that it had already been allocated for use by one of the Singapore Banks, similar to the newly opened DSB (?) Bank office on the left before the SKL.

There was no window tarmac view from the MH lounge so that would be the only consolation if indeed this bank gets it instead of an SKL extension.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  That's the first thing I asked the SKL Dragons, to which they replied 'nothing to do with us, write to them and suggest it'. I have already filled in one of the comment forms in the SKL and handed it in.

However, I was later informed that it had already been allocated for use by one of the Singapore Banks, similar to the newly opened DSB (?) Bank office on the left before the SKL.

There was no window tarmac view from the MH lounge so that would be the only consolation if indeed this bank gets it instead of an SKL extension.
                  Bleh. That's the one downside to the SKL. I feel like those fishes in the aquarium.

Comment

MH Lounge re-opening!

I have no idea what is going on ....but oh well....

The MH Lounge is re-opening on 23rd December after renovation works. Think MH can't decide what to do in SIN (or even their own international routes).

Comment

Interesting. Hopefully those who lost their jobs will still have them or get them back.

It was highly unusual that they would cut a lounge and staffing in one of their prized routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                        The MH Lounge is re-opening on 23rd December after renovation works. Think MH can't decide what to do in SIN (or even their own international routes).

How bizarre. What renovation work have they done ?. I wonder if they've now got tarmac views. If you get 5 minutes pop in and have a look will you ?!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
                          How bizarre. What renovation work have they done ?. I wonder if they've now got tarmac views. If you get 5 minutes pop in and have a look will you ?!.
                          Pictures would be good too.

Comment

Working...
                          X