Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question about BA gold and QF Lounges

Hello, i've a stupid question.

For a BA Gold cardmember we all know that there's the Lounge Access Anytime perk which is pretty nice.
    Unexpectedly, i experienced this benefit works also in certain contract lounges, like:

MUC - DL crown lounge (used by BA Pax)
    BAH - contract lounge
    AUH - contract lounge

Consequently i'm just curious to know if *perhaps* this benefit is valid also in QF lounges (i mean the access to the "C" side obviously) .

Thank you for your answers.
    Last edited by LukeGT; 8 September 2007, 05:56 PM.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

I don't think it would be valid for them. The privilege doesn't (or didn't, when I was there) hold for the joint BA-QF lounge in BKK, because the staff said it was run by QF. You probably would need to be QFF Emerald to access the QF lounges in SYD and MEL when not on a OneWorld airline.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi all, maybe a bit OT, but can someone help with this Q?

If i arrive in London on a Qantas J class flight on a Qantas plane, can i use the BA arrivals lounge? I'll be connecting onto a BA domestic flight so believe I can use the Terraces in T1, but Arrivals in T4 would be nice.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by qf unfort View Post
        Hi all, maybe a bit OT, but can someone help with this Q?

If i arrive in London on a Qantas J class flight on a Qantas plane, can i use the BA arrivals lounge? I'll be connecting onto a BA domestic flight so believe I can use the Terraces in T1, but Arrivals in T4 would be nice.

Thanks.
        Welcome to SQTalk, qf unfort. Yes, you'll have access due to the JSA between BA and QF.

For the T1 Domestic Lounge, however, you might want to bring a copy of the OW rules for lounge access. Some Lounge Dragons have been reported to deny access based on their recollection of the rules. (If you're a Qantas Club member, you can use that card to gain access.)
        Last edited by jjpb3; 8 September 2007, 06:51 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          The privilege doesn't (or didn't, when I was there) hold for the joint BA-QF lounge in BKK, because the staff said it was run by QF.
          ... although I do remember reading a post on TOF saying that someone had managed to access the QF/BA lounge in SIN!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            ... although I do remember reading a post on TOF saying that someone had managed to access the QF/BA lounge in SIN!
            Lucky him/her. When I called the Gold line from BKK to try to get some support, I was told the lounge fell outside the Lounge Access Anytime network. Perhaps the policy has changed since the time I passed through BKK?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Lucky him/her. When I called the Gold line from BKK to try to get some support, I was told the lounge fell outside the Lounge Access Anytime network. Perhaps the policy has changed since the time I passed through BKK?
              The joint QF/BA lounges (speaking from experiences in SIN and HKG here) are usually staffed by QF agents who're known to be quite lax with enforcing official policy. I've managed to guest up to 4 people into the SIN lounge. Maybe you could try your luck with the BKK lounge bouncers.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                The joint QF/BA lounges (speaking from experiences in SIN and HKG here) are usually staffed by QF agents who're known to be quite lax with enforcing official policy. I've managed to guest up to 4 people into the SIN lounge. Maybe you could try your luck with the BKK lounge bouncers.
                I agree, it's definitely worth a try. That's what I did before calling the Gold line. As long as a "no" is held as the default, there's only an upside to trying.

Comment

Working...
                X