LH F Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH F Enhancements

I just took LH779 SIN - FRA. And I posted my observation in the other forum:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730930

In August, I took LH779 FRA-SIN, as well as a few of LH trans atlantic service. I did not notice any difference in terms of meals service from my other LH F flights in previous months.
    Couple days ago, I took LH778 SIN-FRA which was a really full flight. There were 4 choices of Hors d'oeuvres. In my other flights, The trolley would go by twice. I mean I could have caviar first, then next serving would be one or two other choices (even in a really full flight in August from FRA to LAX). But, in this flight LH778, the FA just passed by once, and she looked at me "strangely" when I said 'I have caviar now, and would try the smoke lamb fillet and lobster and prawns with summer truffles after that.'
    Got my caviar, and that's it.
    After this, no salad served. It went straight to the main course which was just warm, not hot plate as usual.
    My question here are: Was my experience an anomaly? Does LH make some changes starting 1 September? Comparing to my other LH F flight this year, definitely this one was unsual. I remember tcswede words regarding why he prefers LH F over SQ F regarding meals service (which now I am getting used to the LH F meals structures). But from this last flight I took, for SIN-FRA, I wish I was on SQ since I was hoping to have good meals on board.

Note:
    To add an injury, the menu was not distributed by the purser this time. And, I boarded third last after getting stuck at the security at the gate. And my neighbor told me that I would be surprise with the PJ size. He was offered XXL and he usually wears L or XL. Something about the PJs were not restock. Well, I was seated and still had plenty of time before the plane pushed back, but the FA never gave me any PJs nor amenity kits (he did give both to the other two last pax after me).
    After taking off, decided to go to the galley, and asked for the PJs to the other FA. She told me she could only find XL. Well, you know how big is XL, and you know I am only 161cm height!
    From reading the rest of the thread, it looks like LH implements an enhancements in their F inflight service. The one round appetisers made it a different. I don't think I would be able to sample 4 different appetisers in one short time.
    The caviar served was very little. May be a worldwide shortage is the cause of this. But again, SQ is also not offering caviar on "supper" flight anymore. (Hope LukeGT could confirm this on his latest flight that left SIN after my flight on LH).

In short, I guess any airlines now start to make many new moves that might make us dissatisfied. We had done with PPS Changes, and LH would do another HON enhancement as well.
    But anyhow, happy traveling!

Hello CGK,

Yes, from September 1 the F-service did change. Service is based on deprture time; departures after 22.00 hr (LT) will get the night service (= no salad).

For the rest day/night service is the same: starters will be offered 1 time, caviar and other starters. Instead of big plates, the starters will be presented individualy on a small plate and put in an etagere the can hold 3 little plates. Caviar will be serves on medium plate. Rest of the service will stay the same. Depending on destinations (India, Japan) there will be a few adjustments.

A little remark about the caviar: all the caviar is loaded in FRA (for the return flight as well!) Don't worry, we do have special iceboxes for the caviar. Max load on B747 - 16 pax is 3 tins, max load on A340 - 8 pax is 2 tins. If the return flight is forcasted with less pax in F, load of caviar will be reduced. If F will fill up, there is no change to order additional caviar at the out station. Only thing the crew can do, is pray for a miracle.

Still I do hope, that you will enjoy our First class service!

Comment

Hello amsflyboy. Interesting information, thanks for that.

Welcome to SQTalk!.

Comment

Welcome indeed, amsflyboy.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          The caviar served was very little. May be a worldwide shortage is the cause of this. But again, SQ is also not offering caviar on "supper" flight anymore. (Hope LukeGT could confirm this on his latest flight that left SIN after my flight on LH).
          Yes there was no caviar on my supper menu. Only Foie Gras and Crabmeat
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

It seems like quite a few airlines are cutting back on their caviar offerings...

And a very warm welcome to SQTalk, amsflyboy.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Caviar, I can understand b/c of the shortage. Salad...well...that may be another matter. I am getting pissed that the prices keep going up, but the service/offerings keep going down.

If you're as upset as I am, be sure to write the Executive Teams of the carriers.

Welcome, amsflyboy! Looks like we have another insider in our midst...
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by amsflyboy View Post
                Hello CGK,

Yes, from September 1 the F-service did change. Service is based on deprture time; departures after 22.00 hr (LT) will get the night service (= no salad).

For the rest day/night service is the same: starters will be offered 1 time, caviar and other starters. Instead of big plates, the starters will be presented individualy on a small plate and put in an etagere the can hold 3 little plates. Caviar will be serves on medium plate. Rest of the service will stay the same. Depending on destinations (India, Japan) there will be a few adjustments.

A little remark about the caviar: all the caviar is loaded in FRA (for the return flight as well!) Don't worry, we do have special iceboxes for the caviar. Max load on B747 - 16 pax is 3 tins, max load on A340 - 8 pax is 2 tins. If the return flight is forcasted with less pax in F, load of caviar will be reduced. If F will fill up, there is no change to order additional caviar at the out station. Only thing the crew can do, is pray for a miracle.

Still I do hope, that you will enjoy our First class service!
                Thank you and warm welcome amsflyboy.
                Now I know the adjustment I have to make to enjoy the LH F service. Flying out from FRA. Then have caviar and the other appetisers ordered when the trolley passes by first.

But still, in my flight, Salad was shown in the menu. But you mentioned that no salad after 10pm departure. This means that LH778/778 would never have any salads on board?

M e n u

Choice of Hors d'oeuvres
                Caviar with the traditional Garnishes

Smoked Lamb Fillet

Lobster and Prawns with Summer Truffles

Confit of Artichoke Salad with Endive and Roma Tomato

Salad
                Seasonal greens
                presented with Dressing

LH 779 9/07-10/07

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

According to our new concept, you should not find salad on the SIN flight in F. It could be that the menu was misprinted or that a wrong page was put in (CGK, if you could check on the menu card on the bottom of each page you find in small print either flight number or routing)

Last time I flew to SIN, I had the galley position in F (that was in June 2007). No salad was loaded and no salad mentioned on the menu card.

Comment

Hi,
                    I did post the menu code (a habit I have when posting menu). Bt perhaps you overlooked this, since I used small font for the real menu imitation.
                    Here you go:

LH 779 9/07-10/07

Comment

I do believe the fight for the salad is ON!
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        I do believe the fight for the salad is ON!
                        Not a fight. Just an observation which will benefit both sides. After al, my dietician wants me to have greens in my meals intakes.

Comment

I pulled up all the manuals (also the updates) and this is what our bible says:

Salad will be served in F during nightflights, but not as a seperate course.Pax who would like to have the salad, have to order it directly with the starters (salad should be on the trolley with caviar and starters). I can imagine that some of the crew like "to forget" the salad.

So next time CGK, make your dietician proud and order the green stuff!

Comment

Salad will be served in F during nightflights, but not as a seperate course.Pax who would like to have the salad, have to order it directly with the starters (salad should be on the trolley with caviar and starters). I can imagine that some of the crew like "to forget" the salad.
                            Good to know (the first parts, I mean).
                            So next time CGK, make your dietician proud and order the green stuff!
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh you are an angel! Have booked roundtrip flights FRA - SIN - FRA for Christmas. And now I know how to handle the order of the meals!
                              Anyway, I remembered I did not see anything green on the trolley.

Note: I hope the goodlooking purser will remember to request for duty on LH778 24Dec.
                              Last edited by CGK; 9 September 2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X