Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...IRLINE-odd.xml

Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I wonder if SQ ever sacrificed merlion head for the safety for its passengers... LOL...

Comment

Somehow this does not fill me with a lot of confidence in the airline.

Comment

Yes, well, I've heard of that remedy before. It's somewhere in the Boeing Manuals.

Could be a little different on an A330, being fly-by-wire and all. That might require chickens instead.

Comment

let them be as their customs - even for this "ghost festival"month - even fairly large place for offerings been used within the engineering hanger or rather just outside the hanger - as its part of customs for chinese here.

Comment

Or shredding squirrels, as in the case of a certain Dutch SCARYteam member.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
              I wonder if SQ ever sacrificed merlion head for the safety for its passengers... LOL...
              They just sacrificed countless heads of current (or ex!) PPS members, right!! (myself included!)

(That was for the safety of the *paying* F and C pax..and possibly the safety of the lounge dragons! )
              Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 8 September 2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X