Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: PPS membership year reduced by 1 month

Hi,

Something strange (to me) just happened. My PPS membership was valid until Jan 2008, and last Sunday I passed the $25,000 mark for re-qualification. I checked online a few minutes ago and noticed that my club membership is now valid until Dec 2007!! Instead of extension, I got a reduction of 1 month. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Originally posted by psan View Post
    Hi,

Something strange (to me) just happened. My PPS membership was valid until Jan 2008, and last Sunday I passed the $25,000 mark for re-qualification. I checked online a few minutes ago and noticed that my club membership is now valid until Dec 2007!! Instead of extension, I got a reduction of 1 month. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    In my case, the earliest re-qualification is about 2-3 months from the date of my expiry of the current qualification...even I qualified early. Yes, I noted my current PPS Membership date on the website is now one month earlier even though my card shows otherwise.

I passed the 25 sector points late last month (bearing in mind the cut out date of 31 August 2007). I am still in a limbo if they will extend my membership for another year although my PPS Value is still short by about SGD 3 Thousand.

Enquiries with SQ has not yet solicited any answer. Perhaps nobody in SQ yet knows the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      Enquiries with SQ has not yet solicited any answer. Perhaps nobody in SQ yet knows the answer.
      I would imagine they are swamped at the moment. At a stroke they got rid of all reference to sectors so those who flew in the final week for qualification at whatever level - myself included - and for who all the sectors hadn't posted have now had to chase them up.

Before the PPS value was introduced sectors posted immediately even if you put the miles to another FFP. Since the PPS value it sometimes takes weeks.

Comment

I also passed the 25 sector last month but the 25k last week, but changes in the statement happened only when I passed the $ mark.

I called PPS this morning btw and they told me that I have indeed requalify for another year at which point I asked if the new expiry date is Jan 09. The lady said 'yes' and that I will be able to see the changes online after Dec 07.

During the conversation I did get a sense that they are getting a lot of calls with similar questions. I guess I will have to just wait and see. I travel about 3 times a month and I am still wondering what the statement will reflect.

Comment

I also had the same problem.

As was transiting at SIN, talk to 1 of the SQ agent at the Silver Kris Lounge, what she told me is my current Solitaire PPS status will only valid until Dec 2007 but not till Jan 2008, as of today the accumulate PPS value was only S$21,769 & she said that I still need S$3,231 more on or before Dec 2007 in order to re-qualify.

My question was to the local SIA PPS co-ordinator was, as of the last conversation back in Apr 2007 earlier, they mentioned it as long as I accumulate either 50,000 miles or 25 PPS sector on or before Dec 2007, I will re-qualify in Jan 2008. I had checked my status as of Jul 31, 2007 which I had accumulated 54,451 miles with 31.25 sectors.

So I asked again with the local SIA PPS co-ordinator whether I still need to fly more 1st & business class in between now till Dec 2007 in order to re-qualify? Her feedback was the following:

"All previous sectors/miles are deleted from the PPS record as from 1 Sep 07. If you achieved the past renewal criterial 25 sectors or 50,000 miles before 31 Aug 07, you will be renewed upon your renewal date. From your current record, the PPS valus is SGD21,769 and card expiry date is 31 Jan 08."

I also asked the KrisFlyer Service Centre & their feedback:

"You've met the renewal criteria under mileage/sector prior to Aug 07 and to be update upon your re-qualification date in Dec 07."

Who should I trust? Am I already re-qualify? Or I still need to fly more? If I wait until Dec 07, what if by that time the system tells me to fly more within 1 month...?
          Last edited by SQTalker; 6 September 2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

SQTalker, I have asked the same question about my account and was re-assured that I have requalified based on sectors not value, for my next renewal in May 2008.

I think you should trust your coordinator, not the SKL lady in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              SQTalker, I have asked the same question about my account and was re-assured that I have requalified based on sectors not value, for my next renewal in May 2008.

I think you should trust your coordinator, not the SKL lady in this case.
              I spoke to someone from Krisflyer over the telephone and the person was not very committal. It was hinted that I will be requalified based on the old system but nothing firm. I only know next year.

Comment

I wouldn't worry if I were you. You should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  I wouldn't worry if I were you. You should be okay.
                  Thanks for the reassurance StarG.

Comment

I got my new card and the new expiration date on the card is Oct 08 while online it says 30 Sept 08. So similar situation to the OP.
                    On the good news side, it did come with a renewal gift.

Comment

Hi everyone, there is phone number that is the official PPS changes hotline.
                      It's +65 62457007.
                      They told me that as I qualified for PPS in Jan 07, my PPS membership ends 31 Jan 08, which is what is stated online.
                      However, my card expiry date is 29 Feb 08, and they have no problem with me using the card till then.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

This FAQ on SQ's site seems to have been updated and could be of use:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...r.jsp#Header16

Comment

Thanks for the link Lightspeed.

Comment

Just recieved this email without solicitation and it seem to be personalised:

Dear SuperJonJon,

With effect from 1 September 2007, the criteria for PPS Club membership qualification
                            and renewal is based on PPS Value.

Our record shows that you had accrued XXXXX PPS Club miles and XXX PPS Club sectors
                            by 31 August 2007 in your current membership year.

As a special consideration for the cutover to the PPS Value criteria, members who
                            accrued at least 50,000 PPS Club miles or 25 PPS Club sectors by 31 August 2007 will
                            be guaranteed renewal of PPS Club membership for another year at the end of their
                            current membership year (as on 1 September 2007).

We are pleased to inform you that your PPS Club membership will be renewed for
                            another year at the end of your current membership year in January 2008. The renewal
                            will be reflected in your online account statement at the end of your current
                            membership year.

To view your latest account information, please log in here
                            https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...tStatement.jsp

We would also like to highlight that your membership card has an expiry date which is
                            1 month after the end of your current membership period (as reflected in your account
                            statement online), in order to ensure that you will not be inconvenienced by holding
                            an expired card before you receive your new one.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Mellissa Ho
                            Head Membership Services
                            Singapore Airlines

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Messages sent to this address cannot be answered.
                            For enquiries, please email KrisFlyer Membership Services at
                            feedback@krisflyer.com.sg.

Comment

Congatulations SJJ.

Reading the letter you post, I have a bad feeling that I won't be able to requalify. I missed the deadline by 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X