Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade award: can connecting flights be combined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade award: can connecting flights be combined?

A quick question, please?

I have cleared the waitlist for my upgrades for MEL-SIN and SIN-LHR, on connecting flights.

However, for some reason the flight sectors have been ticketed separately -- I have the SIN-LHR upgrade already ticketed, and the MEL-SIN upgrade is confirmed but not yet ticketed. This may well be my fault, because I seized a SIN-LHR upgrade as soon as it became available, so it couldn't get away!

The trouble is that this is costing me many more miles. 40,000 plus 50,000 for the two sectors from C to F, compared with 60,000 for a oneway upgrade from MEL all the way to LHR. And I don't have quite enough miles left in my deliberately depleted Krisflyer account now to complete this.

Krisflyer tell me that there is no way to recombine the sectors for a price of 60,000 without releasing the confirmed upgrades. Obviously I do not want to release them (my other half has already secured an upgrade on these flights, and the chance of a third F award becoming available is not great).

Does anybody know if there is a way around this, or should I just get hold of the remaining couple of thousand miles that I need and pay up? It is more important for me to be upgraded with my other half, than to have 25000 orphaned miles in my account, but I am rather reluctant to buy extra miles for this purpose, even if it's only a few.

No dice on this one 'm fraid- As far as I know.

Comment

Working...
    X