Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impresta's visit to Disney World in Orlando

Hi SQtalkers

This is my very first trip report so go easy on me. Anyways I left for Disney World on August 25 from YEG. As you pplz might have noticed I made a thread about my connections from YEG to ORD and my many connections in between. I'd like to say that connection went VERY smoothly. Thnx to the pplz for their advice on travelling that route. Pix will come when they are done uploading and edited.

OK! I'll start my report now. It all began at Aug 25, 2007. Mind you my whole flight was in Y. So i get to YEG at 12ish AM checkin and go through customs. Had a nice chat with the security guard cuz he was having a fun time trying to figure out where IAD (Washington DC Dulles international) was. My flight was at 1:15am so that wasn't very fun but it got be to Orlando at 2pm so I chose it and it was cheap. YEG recently got upgrades so now the airport is a lot roomier and nicer looking but still no free WIFI. It was like $18CAD for a single use and this other monthly pass thing. I would've started this report earlier but had problems finding internet or was too busy having fun. The flight to my first connection, Montreal, was not very exciting just a lot of sleeping. BUT THE SURPRISING THING WAS! My flight had AVOD! 1st time on Air Canada have I used AVOD in Y.

Pic of YEG

My flight at 1:15am AC1138

Air Canada AVOD that i've never seen before (touch screen too!)

Alright! I arrived with my 2 partners at Montreal. I'd like to say Montreal International is the most annoying airport in the world that I've been to so far. 1st of all the signage is lacking VERY lacking and when there is signage its wrong and points you in the wrong direction. I did not know I had to get my luggage at US customs then go through US customs to get to the US gates. I was lost for a good hour until I found my way around. By the time I crossed the US customs, I was starving like a mad man....next was getting to Dulles that was rush rush for my next flight because I had 40mins to connect.

Finally! I arrived at Orlando, Florida. I felt the humid heat blasting me on the face right when I left the airport. Reminded me of exiting Changi Terminal 2 and waiting for a taxi. No pix here cuz security was at Code Orange and I didn't want to upset any security guards. Got on a Taxi and went to my resort (Ginn Reunion Resort) at Kissimmee, Florida which is a nearby town just down the I4.

Famous SQFG pose but with my bag crammed into the seat so cannto see my feet.

After arriving at ORD you need to take a train to the arrival/departure halls

AMAZING! I arrived at the resort and was WOWed by how beautiful it was and even had a security at the gate. The security guard was kind of shocked to see how young me and my 2 travel buddies were because this resort is meant for more mature pplz. After checkin we were driving by concierge to our room. Its a 2300 acre property so we went through a lot of Villas and the grand hotel. I thought because I paid so little per day for my stay I'd get a crummy room until he drove to this place in the resort called Heritage Crossing. He handed my card key and helped me with the bags to the door of my resort. ZOMG! Its amazing inside. (pix to come)

Random Pix of my room

Last edited by impresta; 4 September 2007, 03:28 PM.

Random Pix of the "Ginn Reunion"

To keep this short since there is a lot to read the rest of the days were Disney World: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot. Also Mall at Millenia(which a lot of you would love to go shop at.) Decided not to goto Sea World because it was overpriced for a day trip. Kennedy Space Center was too far and expensive for day trip. But if i had more time and money I'd go.

Entrance of Disneyworld

Magic Kingdom

Comment

Animal Kingdom

MGM studios

Last edited by impresta; 4 September 2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Epcot Center

Seaworld Entrance

Downtown Disney

Last edited by impresta; 4 September 2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Another exciting point about my trip to Florida is me getting my FIRST EVER OP-UP! When I was going back home to YEG I got my boarding passes at ORD. The self checkin printed my boarding passes and I went on to my gate. Until a few minutes before boarding I read my boarding pass and saw Economy Plus...thought to myself i never bought that OHMY! I got an op-up! Got an extra 5 inches of leg room from United Airlines! SWEET!

Well that is my trip report hope you guys had fun looking at the pix...If i have time I'll try upload more.

Impresta

Comment

are the pictures showing?

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
              are the pictures showing?
              They are, impresta, and I've had fun looking through them. Thanks for sharing!
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The format of your report looks suspicous, impresta! Just kidding! But if I were you, I would have put more emphasis on the travelling/flying aspect of the trip, since this is what this board is about. Nevertheless, that's a great TR you have there!
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Great TR! I enjoyed the pics.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

What a nice TR - I thoroughly enjoyed the colourful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                    But if I were you, I would have put more emphasis on the travelling/flying aspect of the trip, since this is what this board is about.
                    With all due respect, I have to disagree - this board is about all aspects of the travel experience, whether it be flight/hotel reviews, or destination highlights. The trip report forum in particular is about celebrating the various things that make travel so enriching.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      What a nice TR - I thoroughly enjoyed the colourful pics. Thanks for sharing!

With all due respect, I have to disagree - this board is about all aspects of the travel experience, whether it be flight/hotel reviews, or highlights of the actual destination. The trip report forum in particular is about celebrating the various things that make travel so enriching.
                      Agreed, it was a trip, it was reported, good job!

Comment

Impresta, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, your segment in E+ and all of your connections went smoothly! Thanks for sharing with us!

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        ...With all due respect, I have to disagree - this board is about all aspects of the travel experience, whether it be flight/hotel reviews, or destination highlights. The trip report forum in particular is about celebrating the various things that make travel so enriching.
                        Spot on.

Comment

A couple of days later, and I'm still chuckling at this. So there are two poses that have SQTalkers specifically associated with them -- the SQfg pose and the fumi pose?

Well-observed, impresta.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the TR, impresta. It brings back memories of my trip to Orlando about twenty years ago but I didn't have as much fun as you seem to have with all your connections to get there! And congratulations on your op-up to UA E+!

Comment

Do you have nail polish on though?

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              A couple of days later, and I'm still chuckling at this. So there are two poses that have SQTalkers specifically associated with them -- the SQfg pose and the fumi pose?

Well-observed, impresta.
                              Oh oh

Comment

Working...
                              X