Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAdvantage members to stop earning elite status bonus on BA (effective MAR 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAdvantage members to stop earning elite status bonus on BA (effective MAR 2008)

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    AA has the same COS bonus for every airline - 25% for J, 50% for F. You get 100% extra on all airlines if you're PLT/EXP, with the exception of JL flights.

Actually, JL, and Malev are the two carriers that do not give the bonus miles. Every other oneWorld member gives AADvantage elite members bonus miles on most economy fares, and all business/first class fares.

The elite bonus list:
    http://www.aa.com/content/AAdvantage...us/bonus.jhtml

You also get said bonus on Alaskan!

edited to add - Eek just noticed this:
    Originally posted by AA.com
    (Effective March 1, 2008, British Airways flights no longer earn elite status bonus miles.)
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thought it best to start a new thread.

Not happy!

I understand the move for people flying across the atlantic where AA competes directly with BA - but this affects ALL BA flights indiscriminately. I wonder what has changed - voluntary move by AA, or is BA refusing to pay for the elite status bonus to AAdvantage members.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        I wonder what has changed -
        I got status matched to AA Plat, that's what happened. I told you so

Comment

The BA / AA mileage thing has always upset me. And after reading Branson's autobiography, I haven't flied BA since...not to say that I haven't tried, but their pricing never worked out and I couldn't upgrade b/c the tickets were purchased via a travel agency.

And now, add the fact that BA is losing luggage at a retarded rate!
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            He strikes again!
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think you should stop getting all those status matches! Tick tick tick what will happen to BD?

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              I am still waiting for my lost luggage from Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                What fun for me - I'm only passing through Heathrow 3 times in the span of 2 weeks...
                With QF installing Premium Economy, and AA giving me EVIP certs when I reach EXP, this latest change gives me another reason not to fly BA unless absolutely necessary.

I knew it!!

Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 September 2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Vade retro, satana!!!
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    I am still waiting for my lost luggage from Wednesday.
                    CGK, did you ever get it back?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X