Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KF Changes affecting EG qualification too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF Changes affecting EG qualification too?

I logged into my KF account earlier today (I'm currently EG) and noted the following:

Current Elite Miles: 41428
    Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Gold qualification: Qualified

My qualification period started as usual at the end of Q1 '07 and I'm surprised (pleasantly though!) to note that it's been classified as "Qualified" even though I'm still almost 8.5k miles from the required threshold and still have a number of months to go before the qualification period ends.

What gives?

Also, does this mean that I'm re-qualified as an EG until April 2009, and my next qualification period begins as usual in May 2008?

I'd love to congratulate you for the early qualification, LightSpeed, but I think SQ's current management isn't that generous.

I go with a likelier explanation for now: a programming snafu that, when 1 September hit, is making everyone's qualification status wacky.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Update: seems really likely a programming error, at least from my end. The miles that my account statement says I need for EG is exactly equal to what I need for ES -- sloppy quality control.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I'd love to congratulate you for the early qualification, LightSpeed, but I think SQ's current management isn't that generous.

I go with a likelier explanation for now: a programming snafu that, when 1 September hit, is making everyone's qualification status wacky.
        Yep, that's what I thought too. The only other explanation I was considering was the qualification algorithm was also looking ahead at the mileage accruable from the other flights I've currently got ticketed, which will add another 10k-odd miles in the next few weeks. Weird, in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Update: seems really likely a programming error, at least from my end. The miles that my account statement says I need for EG is exactly equal to what I need for ES -- sloppy quality control.
          Mine is the same...

Wonder how long this will last........

Comment

Yup...mine too:
            Current Elite Miles 17032
            Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Gold requalification 7968 by 31 Jan 2008

Comment

SQ's systems seem to have returned to normalcy.
              My updated account statement online is now as follows:

Current Elite Miles: 41612
              Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Gold requalification: 8388 by 30 Apr 2008

Oh well, it was entertaining while it lasted...

Comment

Working...
              X