Have I done enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I done enough?

Hi all. Am I writing in saying that, if you meet the sectors requirements for travel done by 31 August, you requalify for PPS? Up to last week, I had 16.5 sectors. However, from 29-31 August I did six sectors around Asia, getting me a further 9 sectors.
    None of those sectors has posted, and my PPS value is now the only thing that has shown (bizarrely it also now says my membership expiry is 31 August when previously it was 30 September!)
    So, do they track the PPS sectors up to 31 August behind-the-scenes even though they may not post for some time (and will presumably post as PPS value)?

I think I have done enough, but am far from confident that this will all go smoothly!

Got me a similar situation. My current status (i.e. based on my current PPS card) is due to expire 0n 31 July 2008. That status I had obtained in May/June due to early requal (presumably as a result of the unofficial early requal coming into effect).

I had then completed 25 sectors between June and mid-August, partly "one more for the road for old time's sake" and partly to see if SQ would extend my current PPS status to expire in July 2009. These 25 sectors were already recorded online before 1 Sep.

But in the New Order ... sorry Brave New World of post-31 August PPS Value, not only was my PPS status not extended to July 2009 (which I wasn't convinced would happen in the first instance), it was moved a month forward to 30 June 2008!

Anyone got a clue about what's up?

Comment

hi Irish lad, welcome to SQTalk.

I think this conundrum you are in was the same one faced by CGK when he was going for his life PPS - this problem was discussed and the consensus was that as long as you do the required sectors by Aug 31, you will be ok, whether or not they are posted online by Aug 31 or not.

So, congrats on getting PPS status !

(btw, you should call your local Krisflyer office to ask about this and they should be able to give you more reassurance. Also, try to push them to credit the PPS value earlier ?)
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

i just checked my account and also noticed that my pps year has changed to end jan08 instead of feb 08. But i also noticed that there is no line saying how many pps value left for requalification so guess the 25 sectors before 1st sept is enough.

Comment

My PPS year has also reduced from Nov 2007 to 31 Oct 2007

My 12.5 sectors converted to only S$2,815 PPS Value...

Comment

Remember, all your status validity is for 13 months when you first qualified for PPS.

It appears that this might be part of SQ's cost cutting measures again, to give you a strict 12 months membership and taking away the "13th month" grace period.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
              Remember, all your status validity is for 13 months when you first qualified for PPS.

It appears that this might be part of SQ's cost cutting measures again, to give you a strict 12 months membership and taking away the "13th month" grace period.
              I'm sure this is a temporary mistake on the part of SQ : my PPS card says expiry is 29 Feb 2008, and now online expiry date is 31 Jan 08.
              My 12.5 sectors which I thought would have a PPS value of $12500 has only a PPS value now of $8725.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Guys, do you have a line that states the amount of PPS value that has to be accrued before requalification? Am getting worried that my 25 sectors went up in smoke.

Comment

No I don't. But my current cumulative PPS value includes the 25 sectors I clocked up between mid-June and 1 Sep.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    My PPS year has also reduced from Nov 2007 to 31 Oct 2007
                    Same here...but really, does one care, now that they are behaving the way they (SQ) are??

Comment

Working...
                    X