VS and SQ Double Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS and SQ Double Dip

Much has been discussed about the "double dip" between other *A programs and Krisflyer for PPS purpose. Has anyone used VS for that purpose? I mean crediting miles to VS and PPS Values to SQ? It seems to be an easy to way attain VS Gold and PPS.

Yes, it has been done.

Comment

Sorry if I am missing something here, being totally unfamiliar with the PPS system, but how will crediting miles to your VS account help you attain VS gold?

Status on VS is determined by tier points. Is it possible to double dip by crediting PPS values to SQ and still get your tier points from VS?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
        Sorry if I am missing something here, being totally unfamiliar with the PPS system, but how will crediting miles to your VS account help you attain VS gold?

Status on VS is determined by tier points. Is it possible to double dip by crediting PPS values to SQ and still get your tier points from VS?

Nick
        The miles/tiers get credited to VS (SQ will bank the miles with VS, who then translate the distance travelled into their own status currency, in this case tier points), while the PPS value gets credited to SQ.

TerryK, I got VS miles/tier points and PPS value (miniscule, the miles and PPS value ) when I did the SIN-KUL shuttle.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Is it possible to double dip by crediting PPS values to SQ and still get your tier points from VS?
          Yes, by flying SQ in C or F and crediting the miles to VS.

Comment

Thanks, I like this board. I get to learn lots of things about subjects I thought I was quite knowledgeable about.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            The miles/tiers get credited to VS (SQ will bank the miles with VS, who then translate the distance travelled into their own status currency, in this case tier points), while the PPS value gets credited to SQ.
            The SIN KUL shuttle is obviously the classic example of a huge benefit for VS fliers. If I credit the flight in F to VS, I get 5 all important tier points and a few miles, which are negligible. Would I still get the 5 tier points, if I went the PPS double dip route?

Nick

Comment

The SIN KUL shuttle is obviously the classic example of a huge benefit for VS fliers. If I credit the flight in F to VS, I get 5 all important tier points and a few miles, which are negligible. Would I still get the 5 tier points, if I went the PPS double dip route?
              Yes, you would. I am halfway to getting VS gold just by doing SIN-KUL.

Comment

Thanks for the info - looks like I will have to have a close look at PPS. Double dipping with Hilton is great, I didn't know it could be done in the air as well.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                X