BNE-SIN-ICN-SIN-BNE in Y (2 day trip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNE-SIN-ICN-SIN-BNE in Y (2 day trip)

Hello SQTalkers, This is my first trip report for my 2 day trip to Korea.
    My digital camera was drowned in the sea a couple of months ago so I could not take any pictures.

23th of August SQ236 BNE to SIN

I figured this time that self-print boarding pass is totally useless and consume more time since I have to get my boarding pass stamped again in SIN.
    Therefore I decided to do just online check in to reserve the seats and this time I decided to do arrive at the airport 15 minutes before the check-in time closed. It was a good decision because by the time I got into check-in counter, no one was there.

During the flight, I was very disappointed that the aircraft wasn't an AVOD equipped one so I only watched 2 movies. I must say Singapore Sling tastes really good for the first timer but after having tried it for a couple of times, I coudln't drink anymore because it was just too boring taste.

After parking into the gate at SIN, I sat until all the passengers disembarked, went to the front and asked Inflight Supervisor whether I could see cockpit and I was allowed this time. I was so happy to see SQ 777 cockpit. ( I was rejected in June)

23th of August SQ602 SIN to ICN

I had to kill 3 hours of transit time, there was only one thing I had to do. Eat Hainan Chicken Rice !!!!! I never get tired of Hainan Chicken Rice, but in fact, chicken rice sold in T2 did not taste as good as I have eaten in Malaysia but this was alright. Better than nothing.

I went to T1 to buy some chocolates and I saw a bunch of North Koreans. There were 10 women (all in 20s, they were very very pretty) and 2 men in 40s. Women were wearing North Korean flag badge on their left hand side chest, while men were wearing a badge with a picture of so called Dear Leader Kim Jong Il. I wanted to say hi but I was very scared to talk to them.

Well, there's nothing much to write about during the flight really. But it was AVOD finally. I must say I really really don't like the attitude of Korean SQ cabin crew because the way they speak korean is not friendly at all compare to Singaporean crew speaking in English. Some people will surely object to my statement but it is just the way I feel. (I'm Korean by the way)

After arriving to ICN, I was allowed to see the cockpit again. I still don't know why some they always say "I'm sorry sir, due to security reason, no one is allowed to go into the cockpit" while other inflight supervisors or cheif steward alllowed me to do so.

To cut the long story short for the return journey on SQ015 and SQ245, nothing to write about really. I really love IFE on 77W. The Australian customs are just crazy as they don't allow passengers to use mobile phones until they clear the immigration.

p.s : I kind of figured out the inflight menu is kind of circling around the destinations. For instance, the noodle served in SQ602 (Shanghai noodle) is now served on SQ246 (as refreshment) and SQ246 breakfast is still the same as June. Nothing changed.

I hope you enjoyed my trip report. I've got another same trip to do in September, i hope the menu changes by then haha.

Nice report, lee_apromise! No pictures is fine. At least you have given me some ideas for my flights ahead. I'll try my luck with the cockpit visit.

I wonder what those North Koreans were doing in SIN. I can almost assure you, the 10 women were the actual travellers, while the 2 men accompanying them were their minders. Think of the minders as their "security guards" who protect them from harrassment as well as to keep them in line, if you know what I mean!
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

how did it get drowned?

Comment

Working...
      X