no more birthday gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more birthday gifts

i was told today by my pps coordinator that birthday gifts have been terminated as of may. has anyone else received anything since may? so much for god-like treatment. boo on SQ. they are still giving requalification vouchers however.

Got a bottle of wine for my birthday this year. Does that count?

Comment

absolutely.... a bottle of wine is something!

Comment

btw SQFG, can you tell me what the watermelon club is? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
          btw SQFG, can you tell me what the watermelon club is? thanks!

Watermelons are my current latest vice. Have em everyday nowadays.

As far as vices go, doing watermelons are much cheaper than doing mileage runs, so I'm a happy enough camper.

Comment

Ah, I thought it was a reference to the watermelon martinis at the MO in London which jjpb3 introduced us to and which have been an essential part of some SQT Do's here!

No card no gift - nothing - on my birthday this year but then, I'm only an insignificant QPP1 (and not for much longer as well...).

Comment

I get a little silver card and some silver baggage tags each year (although not on my birthday),...or if I'm unlucky then I get a blue card and no tags

Comment

I never get anything at all for my birthday from SQ here in Australia.

Comment

wow. someone's really gone to task with cost-cutting on SQ

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                    wow. someone's really gone to task with cost-cutting on SQ
                    I'm afraid. But better than another beautiful airline going down (although, this could be triggered by the cost cuts )
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

SQ seems relentless on cost cutting. I thought they were making it more exclusive by culling PPS and Solitaire members and now they are removing birthday gifts.

I just got my re-qualification for another year after 2 months. However, selected my next to Mumbai on Jet Airways. The additional income if I have flown SQ on this flight could have more than compensated for SQ's expenses on the birthday gift.

The almost 100% loyalty is gone....!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Watermelons are my current latest vice. Have em everyday nowadays.

As far as vices go, doing watermelons are much cheaper than doing mileage runs, so I'm a happy enough camper.
                        summer is the best time for watermelon! enjoy!!

Comment

Great...with my birthday coming up next week, I suppose I can expect nothing this year, just like last year

Comment

happy early birthday savage25!

Comment

I've never had a birthday gift anyway so it makes no difference to me, other than further worry of the continued cutbacks and penny pinching going on at SQ nowadays.

'More for less' indeed. How times change...

Comment

Working...
                              X