Traitor Air and KIX-SIN Raffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traitor Air and KIX-SIN Raffles

So after the op up I decided to document the food of the CX flight. I left this waiting for over a month now so I don’t remember too many details.

Once I got on board I was welcomed by a Japanese FA. Once the flight closed it was 100%+ full. They had to use the cockpit and crew rest area to get every one onboard including the next day FA’s that were deadheading. No wonder CX loves me. Flight time to Bangkok was about 2.15 Hr. Once we got in the air drink service started. I just wanted water as I was dehydrated. Then making this report quick the appeizter came out which was salmon. They gave a lot.

Then came out the fish and chicken choice I choose the fish dish. (I don’t know where I put the menu if I do find it I will write it up)

Then finally came the dessert part they gave out haaggen dazs Ice-cream.

And of course I can not forget a fumitani pose on traitor air C

The flight ended with nothing special. We arrived at gate G3 and had a long walk. Immigration was quick actually nobody was waiting in line. But the foreigner line was at least 20+ deep. Bags came out business priority thanks to JL joining OW.

The following morning I flew BKK-NRT-LAX and stayed in LA for another 2 weeks cleaning up stuff because I graduated and had too much stuff to take at once. Then I flew LAX-SFO-NRT-ITM. It’s all on UA except for the last part NRT-ITM I got to ride NH F 773 with the star paint on it. I didn’t take any photos, but the F seat is nice. There isn’t anything special about UA C seats anyways. CGK will probably agree.

After coming back to Japan for about a week, then I had a ticket that was expiring and why not go for another run to Bangkok. So I called my friend in Singapore and asked do you have any vacation this coming week. Perfect I got to go to Singapore on national day. Plus I checked that rush hour 3 was going to be released the night I arrive in Singapore. So I made a reservation and knowing that the flight I wanted was pretty empty I checked the ANA website to see if they had any space for upgrade using my NH miles. I requested the upgrade online, but it ran into some error. I called NH and they had trouble so they called SQ and SQ couldn’t fix it. They had to relay the information to SQ in Singapore. So about 2 hours later I tried again and the upgrade worked. Then called SQ and got my seat 12A. Since it was the regional 772 I figured the bulkhead was going to be ok. The night before I packed up and got ready. I woke up about 9 in the morning. Got dressed and put the bags in the car. Then had to go to my dad’s office to help him with computer related things. After that I went to Osaka station and got to the bus station under New Hankyu Osaka Hotel. Once I got there I purchased a ticket 1300yen one way to the airport.

These are two photos of the waiting area.

The bus ride took about 40 minutes. During the bus ride I was playing tetris and go up to level 55. Then we arrived at the airport. I first went down a level to purchase some snacks for my friend in Singapore and then went back up to the fourth floor to go checkin. (I wasn’t going to do a trip report, so I didn’t take photo’s of the checkin area) Once I got to the checkin area the bags were x-rayed I went to the Raffles counter. It took about 1 minute to checkin. Bags tagged priority. They were still using the old raffles and priority separate one. The lady said you have seat 12A reserved I said yes. I asked if there were any seats next to me open she said no. (the flight did end up being full on all windows, but the load factor was under 50% in Raffles.

Then checkin was fast and everything was done quick I still had 1.5 hours to go before boarding. I decided to clear security and immigration. Then finally went to duty free as my sister wanted to know if they had something on sale. After that I decided why not write a trip report. The last time I flew raffles class was back in March 1998! If you remember my trip report from the new years I flew F, but no C. I thought tomyself why not write something that was almost 9 years later. I’m going too off now. Then here is a picture of the waiting area of to get on the Shuttle.

Since I have used the SQ lounge a couple of times already I knew the exact location. I was going to walk over to the NH lounge on the North side, but I decided against it. Too far to walk back.

Once I stepped inside the lounge the lady checked my boarding pass and I was allowed in. Once inside the lounge had no seats!.

So I ended up using the telephone booth to talk to my friends for about 30 minutes and then I found seats. This is where I took a photo of my boarding pass.

Once I got a seat I went over to see which aircraft was operating today. I could not see it. I took a photo of the aircraft being serviced instead. The aircraft was running late. Once 4.30pm hit I had enough of the lounge and wanted to get onboard first. So I got to the gate and ended up waiting another 20 minutes or so. Boarding did not commence until 4.50 scheduled departure time was 4.55.

SQ621
    August 8th 2007
    KIX-SIN
    Seat 12A
    9V-SRH (no AVOD)

Once I got onboard the IFS addressed me by name. And showed me to my seat. I was the first person onboard so I got a picture of the raffles class.

Comment

I see you're still wearing that pink shirt

Comment

Then my seatmate came. He introduced himself. He was a Sri lankan. We chatted for a while. He was on a business trip to Osaka, but he had to cut it short by 3 days because a family passed away. RIP. So the captain came on and said that we were going to be late by about 10 minutes departure. We ended up closing the front door around 5.05pm and was about 10 minutes late. There was no wait for take off. BTW they need to change the safety video. I have watched the same thing over too many times already. During the taxi I took a photo of the books they had. And also while taxing I took a photo of a JL 747-300.

New headphones

Once we got in the air the FA came around and addressed each person by name asking what they wanted to drink. Singapore Sling for me. Also I told the FA to address me by my Chinese name because it was easier. She called me by last name throughout the flight.

After the drink service came menus were handed out.

Dinner Menu

To Nibble on…Satay
        With onion, cucumber and spicy peanut sauce

A Savoury Note

Salad of smoked tuna and vegetables
        Wasabi mayonnaise

The Main Event

Roasted chicken with orange honey sauce,
        Seasonal vegetables and mashed potatoes

Yakiniku
        Kansai style grilled beef with hot pepper paste,
        Vegetables and steamed rice
        A local favorite

Ricotta cheese and spinach ravioli, asparagus,
        Butter nut squash puree

A sweet note
        Black sesame mousse

The cheese Board
        Gourmet cheese with garnishes

Fruit
        A selection of fresh fruit

A connoisseur’s choice
        Gourmet coffee
        Selection of tea
        And pralines

Hanagoyomi
        'Finding the change of the four seasons
        in a flower and translating it into cuisine'

An array of nine appetisers and entrees together with miso soup,
        served in Japanese style.

Ha-Sun
        Pike eel terrine, yam, soya bean, eel roll

Kuchitori
        Cucumber and salmon roll, octopus eggs, miso eggplant, river shrimp

Takimono
        Grilled ayu fish fillet, green gourd with sesame sauce

Kobachi
        Wintermelon stuffed with prawn in ginger sauce

Sunomono
        Deep fried horse mackerel in vinegar sauce, grilled leek

Takiawase
        Octopus, grilled eggplant, baby lady finger

Gohan
        Lotus root sushi
        Glutinous rice with sweet potato
        Steamed rice with anchovies and sweet chilli

Tome-***
        Miso soup

Men
        Somen

Mizugashi
        Black sesame mousse

Ocha
        Green tea

Then came out the satay. I flew 8 sectors in F earlier this year but had no satay! Choices were chicken and lamb. I had 2 pieces of lamb.

Then I took a picture of the half broken airshow.

Then the table cloth was laid out.

I choose the hanagoyomi for dinner.

Last edited by fumitani; 19 August 2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I see you're still wearing that pink shirt
          of course on traitor air!

Comment

Dessert was some sesame pudding. It was good.

By the time dinner service was over it was well into 3.5 hours of the flight! Flight time was 5.30. So light were only turned off for about 1 hour and turned back on. During this time I was awake and watching. The FA’s were looking through everyones seatback pockets to get the menus. I knew better so I already hid the menu right after it was handed it in my bag .

On arrival we had to park at gate F42…ugh why the furthest gate the same one we used back in Jan for my CMB flight after meeting CGK!. After arrival I cleared immigration no wait. Bought a 3 pack of Heineken. And called my friend. They were waiting at the arrivals. Went back to friends place and that is the end of this report. I write a little more on my SIN-BKK and BKK-KIX one later, but no photo’s.

Comment

fumi, thanks for the write-up and pictures (in particular, the now obligatory fumitani pose)!

Comment

Thanks for the enjoyable trip report, fumitani, and congratulations on your graduation.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                X