• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK new J class

wow all i have to say is those screen are amazing

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6039774&nseq=1

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6041849&nseq=0

amazingggggg
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Very nice indeed!
      Are they planning to refit all long haul a/c with those seats? Their JCL fares would be an absolute steal if they do!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Existing 773 (non-ER) are being reconfigured at the rate of minimum one per month.
        They are being fitted with First Class suites and the new Business Class cabin.

Comment

To me the seat look like a slightly updated version of TG/MH/JL J seat.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            To me the seat look like a slightly updated version of TG/MH/JL J seat.
            Cool screens though.
            Or the title of this thread could be "EK catches up in J; throws in amazing screen." [dons flame-proof suit]
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It seems to be a functional product catering to an demographic of traveller (more upmarket leisure) with extremely poor aesthetics in my subjective view (overly white which does not complement the colour of that garish wood).

The inside of the shell behind the headrest is a better colour I say.

Comment

These aren't full lie-flat seats, though, correct? On their website, they look like the slanted ones...that don't even go flat...
                HUGE AL

Comment

MASSIVE screens. The largest screens in the sky? If thats for J, you wonder what kind of screen F gets. The white looks good when its brand new.. Time will tell if EK is able to maintain the cleanliness of the seats.
                  -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    These aren't full lie-flat seats, though, correct? On their website, they look like the slanted ones...that don't even go flat...
                    Look like the slopey angled flat seats to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      Look like the slopey angled flat seats to me.
                      That totally sucks. With such an awesome F product, I fail to see how they can screw up J so much...
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by EKrew View Post
                        Existing 773 (non-ER) are being reconfigured at the rate of minimum one per month.
                        They are being fitted with First Class suites and the new Business Class cabin.
                        EKrew... but the one in the pic is a 773 ER.... do you mean that they are reconfiguring 773 (nn ER) with this Biz class and the F class suites?

Comment

Hmm .. im contradicting my own thoughts now and i cant find the memo to set myself right. All 773 non-ER's are currently being retrofitted from an 18 seat First Class cabin to 12 seat. I just cant find the details of what is being fitted.

First Class Suite
                          http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1175248/M/

or

SkyCruiser Seat
                          http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1127229/M/

My thinking is that i should be the suite (at least to try and get some of that inconsistency under control) but the only doubt i have is that the latest 773 ER ULR and 77L are being delivered with only 8 suites. Im not sure if the non ER's can fit 12 suites still with 42 in J or not. This is all part of the enhancements discussed earlier here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1539

Now comes the honesty .. the seat in J is not 180deg flat but could i say 179.5deg flat ? It has the slightest of slight incline. I have flown in the SQ spacebed, the revised AF NEV and LH J and the seat is flatter than any of these models.

And for those of you interested the screen size in J is 19inch and in the new generation First Class suite on 77L and 773 ER ULR its 23inch.

Comment

EKrew, thank you for your clarification!

Comment

Well, I think the EK Syksuites are really overrated. To me, those partitions and sliding doors looks awkward and out of place. Looks kind of cheap too. Would prefer to fly SQ or CX's new first class seats. IMO, making the seats into a small cubicle is redundant, as privacy could be achieved easily by dividers. Moreover, I think it would have a clautrophobic effect on the passanger to be 'locked' in a small space. This is purely how I feel. Yah.
                              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                              X