Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online upgrade, get 15%Discount or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online upgrade, get 15%Discount or not???

I would like to upgrade from Y to J online. Do I get 15%discount or not?Anyone know?Thank you.

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
    I would like to upgrade from Y to J online. Do I get 15%discount or not?Anyone know?Thank you.
    Yes, you do get the 15% discount. However, you do have to ensure that your Economy ticket is upgradable, ie. it does not belong to one of the discounted fare classes.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
      Yes, you do get the 15% discount. However, you do have to ensure that your Economy ticket is upgradable, ie. it does not belong to one of the discounted fare classes.
      I have done online upgrades with other airlines, but not with Singapore. Do you have to wait until 24 hours prior to departure to do the upgrade?

fclass

Comment

By the way, this works only if you have not commenced yr journey.
        So if you have travelled the 1st leg and want to upgrade for the return leg, there is no 15% disc. (or rather, cant upgrade online)

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post

Comment

Originally posted by fclasspax View Post
          I have done online upgrades with other airlines, but not with Singapore. Do you have to wait until 24 hours prior to departure to do the upgrade?

fclass
          No, you don't. If your online account shows the flight as available for upgrading, the request will be processed immediately.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Is there a way to do online upgrade for someone else? I mean someone who is in your redemption group.

Comment

I am purchasing tickets for my friend for travel in Y Class. However, both of us would want to use our own individual mileage for upgrade to J class online. In this case, should the both of us make separate booking and use our own miles to upgrade? Or I can actually book both of our tickets in 1 booking record and use the Record locator to locate the booking for upgrade?

Also, must the booking be made online to eligible to upgrade online and enjoy 15% discount? Can I purchase a ticket from my TA and then use the ticket to redeem for an upgrade online?

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Hi hclee01,

Your booking has to be purchased online to be eligible for upgrade.

The ticket must be issued in E,B,S or Y fare bracket for it to be eligible for upgrade. Your agent may offer you a cheaper fare, but it may not be eligible for an upgrade.

In this case, it might well prove cheaper to buy from SQ.com. you should compare prices.

finally, it might be wise to check whether there is any upgrade availability for your chosen flight. Biz class upgrade seats are getting harder to obtain, unless you're booking and upgrading well in advance.

Hope this helps,

cheerios
                Last edited by kelvgoh; 15 July 2008, 02:54 PM. Reason: new information

Comment

Originally posted by hclee01 View Post

Also, must the booking be made online to eligible to upgrade online and enjoy 15% discount? Can I purchase a ticket from my TA and then use the ticket to redeem for an upgrade online?

Thanks for your advice.
                  I've had bookings made by a TA and online - however I'm only able to upgrade the online bookings - when I try to upgrade the ones booked by my TA online it says "You are unable to upgrade this booking" or something along those lines... The TA bookings are all in Y class...
                  matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Hi kelvgoh, thanks for the advice.

Most likely I will be purchasing online in "E" class, but problem is that I am only a KF member without status. I am only holding *G status with TG ROP. I think I may need to be on waitlist for one of the sectors that I would like to upgrade. Any problem if I sign in to my KF account to make the booking but include my TG ROP account number in my booking to slightly "better" my chances of upgrades?

Comment

Hi hclee01

you're most welcome. this is what SQTalk.com is for.

Personally I don't believe that putting your TG ROP number and status will make a huge difference for waitlisting purposes. It all boils down to how many other PPS, KF*G and maybe even KF*S members are on the waitlist as well. I would think, on SQ metal, SQ will prioritise their own FFP members first. I stand to be corrected on this though.

But in any case, no harm chucking in extra info right?

p/s: another benefit of booking online is that you can choose your seat on purchase of ticket. Even if you can't upgrade to J, you can at least choose from some pretty decent Y seats. once you get to online check-in stage, the seats left are usually pretty rubbish.

Comment

Hi kelvgoh

Thanks again! Really appreciate your kind advice.

Actually, I also want to clock the mileage into my ROP to requalify for *G status next year. At the moment, my friend and I have some KF miles which we thought will be good to use for some extra comfort on the flight.

So far, I have checked the revenue booking class (C, D, J) and it seems that seats are still available. I will be on the 747.

One more question, my friend and I have included our TG ROP number in the KF profile, any chance that if we do not provide the KF number at the time of booking and instead included my TG ROP number, would the system be "smart" enough to link it up so that I can upgrade online and save 15% mileage points?

Thanks!

Comment

hmm, so if i understand it correctly, this is what you intend to do.

You wish to make a booking for an SQ flight, and credit the miles to TG ROP. At the same time, you want to use separately existing KF miles to upgrade the booking to J class.

hmmm

If i'm not wrong, if you purchase the ticket from SQ.com, you have to provide your KF number for it to be clocked in your KF account, and you need the PNR to be clocked in your KF account to do the online upgrade. I don't think that not putting your KF number in the booking is an option here, especially if you want to do the upgrade.

I'm not exactly certain about the procedure for crediting miles from an upgraded SQ trip to another FFP - I trust there will be some other forumite who has tried it before. matt_will_fix_it perhaps?

Comment

Thanks!

I have read from another thread that this is something that has been done before. That is, I can credit the miles to another program and use KF miles to upgrade.

Anyway, will see if I can get to speak to KF hotline staff to confirm. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by hclee01 View Post
                              I am purchasing tickets for my friend for travel in Y Class. However, both of us would want to use our own individual mileage for upgrade to J class online. In this case, should the both of us make separate booking and use our own miles to upgrade? Or I can actually book both of our tickets in 1 booking record and use the Record locator to locate the booking for upgrade?

Thanks for your advice.
                              Not sure does it happens to you, my previous upgrade was not entitle for the 15% discount. As i purchased my ticket thru TA on Full "Y"

The 15% discount for redeeming upgrades online is applicable only to commercial bookings on Singapore Airlines made online.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...deemMiles.jsp?

Hope that answer your question.

Comment

Working...
                              X