X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver award upgrade waitlisted

Hi,
    my very first post on www.sqtalk.com, haha
    I am currently on the waitlisted for the saver award upgrade on the 9/sept from singapore to guangzhou, the deadline of this waitlisted is on the 26/aug, do you guyz think i'll be able to get the saver award upgrade before 26/aug??
    i tried to do an unrestricted upgrade and seat is available but when i tried the saver award, i'ts full.................. revenue mangement?......

Welcome to SQTalk, tokyonite !

I'm in the same boat, waitlisted on a LAX-SIN flight.

From my search of these forums, I think your chances of clearing the waitlist depend on :
    1) the popularity of the flight - SIN-Guangzhou : I've no idea.
    2) your status : Krisflyer elite, PPS etc.

Let us know how it turns out ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

regular krisflyer

i am just a normal krisflyer..no pps no nothing...haha

sin-guangzhou..not very popular i reckon....

my g/f is already in the business class, so it will be nice if i get the saver award upgrade at the end, or else sitting in the differnt class on da same plane... what's the point? haha

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk tokyonite!
        BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

..Chances?

What are my chances of getting the seat??... i am just a normal krisflyer....

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, tokyonite!

If you are able to make a booking online and there is availability then the chances are not too bad. They will only clear when the date is closer as SQ will hope to sell those seats instead of giving them out.
            Is your girlfriend also doing an award? If so, your chances are reduced due to the fact that there is limited inventory for award seats.

Comment

chances are low

i think my chances of getting the saver award upgrade is very low at this point. (waitlist useful?? any real case here that people actually do get the saver award upgrade seat when they were on waitlist, please share it with me)..... at least give me some confidence..

Comment

haha

anybody here working in singapore airline here? haha

i just got an email from singapore air, i got da seat!!!!! YEAH!!

Comment

Originally posted by tokyonite View Post
                  anybody here working in singapore airline here? haha

i just got an email from singapore air, i got da seat!!!!! YEAH!!

Welcome to SQTalk tokyonite. Glad you got your seat. I tried once on Sin-Fra but I chickened out two months before the flight and booked a paid ticket instead.

Comment

Congrats on the successful redemption, tokyonite.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It's now my turn to ask the very same question, I am currently on the waitlist for the saver award upgrade on the 9/oct from Singapore to Shanghai, the deadline of this waitlist is on the 25/sep. I have checked KVS and there is 4 availability for J/C, 0 for D. I also checked the ANA availability tool and it got a 0.
                      I have been waitlisted for over 2 weeks now and would really like to secure the upgrade. Anything that I can do to speed things up? I am a lowly / unwanted / unloved QPP.

Comment

Working...
                      X