No announcement yet.

The High Flyer Visits Ho Chi Minh City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The High Flyer Visits Ho Chi Minh City!

OK folks! I'm starting this thread in a bid to share with all of you the "exploits" on this trip of mine. This is a maiden Trip Report for me, so please be kind. This thread will be progressively updated.

For a start, I managed to get the return flight postponed by a day -- not without a long fight with the sponsor! With that, my new itenary has been confirmed, and I got Krisflyer to upgrade both inbound and outbound segments with my free PPS miles. Here we go:

My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    ...my free PPS miles.
    Whatever those are, I want some...

Comment

Hope you'll have pictures when your back.
      BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by IanDeYoung View Post
        Hope you'll have pictures when your back.
        Haha... Like I said, this thread will be progressively updated, if you know what I mean.
        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to Saigon. Its a shame you'll miss the opening of the new terminal. Nevertheless, have a great time and a safe journey.

I won't be in Saigon until December, such a long time to anticipate

Comment

You're right, SQ225! I depart SGN just ONE -- 1, ichi, ha-na, un, uno -- day before the new terminal opens! Oh well, let me experience the old and inefficient, in order to be able to appreciate the nice, glossy and wonderful!

Anyhow, I realise I might have started this thread a bit too early. There's sort of an anti-climax now. There'll certainly be more activities coming up nearer to the date of departure!
            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS! As I logged in to the Singapore Airlines website, just out of fun, and idly viewed my upcoming flights, something caught my attention:

Notice to passengers travelling to Ho Chi Minh City
              Effective 29 August 2007, all SIA flights will be operating from the new Tan Son Nhat International Terminal 2. For more information, Click here.
              Haha! OK, now I should be a nice SQTalked and do my due diligence. I promise to post nice pictures of the new terminal!
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS! As I logged in to the Singapore Airlines website, just out of fun, and idly viewed my upcoming flights, something caught my attention:

Haha! OK, now I should be a nice SQTalked and do my due diligence. I promise to post nice pictures of the new terminal!
                Why, aren't you lucky? Congrats!

Comment

After 274 clicks in your post the trip haven't even start yet, what a way to start a new post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsetter View Post
                    After 274 clicks in your post the trip haven't even start yet, what a way to start a new post.
                    I know. That's precisely why I said in a previous post that I had started this thread too early. I should have waited till 48 hours before my departure. Anyhow, from next Monday, I'll progressively post a step-by-step account of my trip, instead of all at once when I return.
                    My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Trip Report: Part 1

OK, so I've found my way to Ho Chi Minh City. I had wanted to post some pics from SIN SKL, but unfortunately had to resolve some work-related issues. I'm now at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Tower, and it's lunchtime. Here goes...

Bright and sunny Singapore morning at my apartment block. Waiting for my cab.

Row 4 at Singapore Changi Airport. Business Class... My colleagues were all in Economy. Heehee. I found out that the aircraft for the day would be 9V-SVJ. Unfortunately, it's not one of those that SQflyergirl suggested.

The check-in queues weren't long. That meant I had more time for work at the SKL.

Entrance to the Silver Kris Lounge - Business Side. They have not replaced the sign yet. Please don't.

As usual, the SKL is crowded in the mornings. Tonnes of flights leaving at this time. However, the crowd got thinner as time went by.

My passport and boarding pass. The Braun Buffel passport holder came courtesy of the airline. Alas, I'm no more a PPS Club member. Yes, my BP did display the code for Lamb Chops.

OK, the bus is leaving for the local tour. I can't believe I skipped lunch just to file this trip report!

To be continued...
                      My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Nice preview pics
                        BTW, I thought they have phased out the "Raffles-Class" Boarding Pass?
                        I received a new "Business-Class" one late last mth

Comment

Hoping to read that the new *A lounge here has nice airy tarmac views unlike the boxed in old one. There's enough glass in the building for it...

Comment

Trip Report: Part 2

SQ172 was given Gate F58 yesterday. A long walk from the SKL!

9V-SVJ. I took this same aircraft last March from ICN to SFO. Nice.

Raffles -- oh, I mean Business -- Class was packed to the brim. I was on Seat 12A. And I've been given 11A for the return trip! Yay!

The generous 57" pitch between the Spacebeds, a-la-SQflyergirl-style. I think I forgot my nail polish!

I was expecting takeoff to be on 20C. Alas, it was not to be. 20R was the order of the day. Saw a few military jets at Changi Air Base next door.

Airborne, but not after a loud rumble of the powerful Rolls Royce Trent 892 turbofan engines! By the way, I have a video of the No 2 engine going full thrust.

Part 3 coming up...
                            My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Hoping to read that the new *A lounge here has nice airy tarmac views unlike the boxed in old one. There's enough glass in the building for it...
                              I hope so too! By the way, I'll let you folks know later what the lounge in the new terminal at Tan Son Nhat Airport is like, unless somebody here has already been there. I can tell you from my arrival experience, however, the new terminal is almost everything you could ever hope for, in a developing country. Nice!
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                              X