Hotels at LHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels at LHR

Need advice in deciding which hotels to stay near LHR. I know LHR airport hotels are not like LAX nor SFO where there are free shuttle 24 hours. At LHR, the one that connected to T4 is HILTON. There are other hotels, but look like for transfer, need to pay, and not really near to the airport. Please share the advice where to stay. Starwood properties are preferable since they will allow me to have 4pm check-out, while the Hilton offers only up to noon without a status.
    Thanks in advance.

No Starwood knowledge I'm afraid, but I've stayed at some of the various HI properties around the LHR vicinity and they have all offered free shuttle transfers to the airport. Hope this helps

Comment

There are two SPG properties near LHR - the Sheraton Heathrow and better, the Sheraton Skyline. I've stayed at the latter a few times but not the former.

They're connected to LHR by the infamous Hoppa bus service. Very expensive for the short journey plus - what I find worst - the endless waiting for the bus to arrive.

Alternatively, you can take a taxi but if it's a black cab, they won't be best pleased that you just want to go to the Sheraton Skyline.

Somebody on TOF gave me the phone number of a good minicab company - let me try and find it.

Alternatively, depending on your flight time, it may be better to stay in central London and take the first HEX.

Edit: the Hoppa bus takes about 15-20 minutes - assuming there's no congestion!

Comment

Where to spend a quick overnight near LHR - see post #37 plus the discussion in the other posts about taking the bus, other hotels etc

Comment

Originally posted by UA MM View Post
          Need advice in deciding which hotels to stay near LHR. I know LHR airport hotels are not like LAX nor SFO where there are free shuttle 24 hours. At LHR, the one that connected to T4 is HILTON. There are other hotels, but look like for transfer, need to pay, and not really near to the airport. Please share the advice where to stay. Starwood properties are preferable since they will allow me to have 4pm check-out, while the Hilton offers only up to noon without a status.
          Thanks in advance.
          Hi UA MM ..It's £4 per Hoppa bus ride and there are various hotels nearby and it is not more than 10 mins by bus away. There are FREE public buses from LHR but these are not usually advertised since BAA wants the cash. You can get them from the Central Bus Station at LHR. Knowing you travel heavy , Hoppa is the best way to get to the airport hotel.

HI properties (a few of them) are quite allright for your 'overnight' stay. Avoid HI Simpson Way if possible. At least at HI Ariel, you get a free drink on arrival. PM me with your travel details and I can help more. I've used far too many Hoppa buses ex T1, T3 and LHR hotels recently.

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          but I've stayed at some of the various HI properties around the LHR vicinity and they have all offered free shuttle transfers to the airport. Hope this helps
          You're kidding me on the free shuttle transfer?

Comment

So, what you guys say is that the bus will take 20 minutes at least? The question is it easy to find the bus? Or is it better just take Hex to Paddington? It's just arriving about 7pm in the foreign land, might be a shock if I have to deal with finding the bust to the hotel near LHR, especially dealing with difficulties in understanding British accent.

Comment

re: The Hoppa
              The bus is supposed to run about every 20 minutes. The ride itself shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. How long you'll have to wait for the bus depends on your luck with timing when you get to the Hoppa stop at LHR. It's very easy to find (particularly if you're used to navigating the central bus station at LHR). If you only have a couple bags, you may want to consider other suggestions that you take the bus rather than the Hoppa.

re: SPG at LHR
              I've stayed at both properties, as recently as May 2007. I prefer the Skyline over the Sheraton Heathrow. Both have club lounges which PLT's have access to. If booking either, pay close attention to the room type and the rate description before booking.

Comment

So, what you guys say is that the bus will take 20 minutes at least? The question is it easy to find the bus? Or is it better just take Hex to Paddington? It's just arriving about 7pm in the foreign land, might be a shock if I have to deal with finding the bust to the hotel near LHR, especially dealing with difficulties in understanding British accent.
                It's pretty fast once you're onboard the Hoppa. It depends which hotel you're staying. For me, it's an average of 15 mins.

Which Bus to take and what time it comes: You can find the times and which Hoppa bus to take on this website (http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airpo...row-hoppa.html).

Wait duration for your Hoppa : This can be dependent on your luck/arrival time.

Where to take you Hoppa : Assuming you arrive at LHR T3, then as you exit, keep left and walk to the end of T3, passing a left luggage place on your left. You're then in the bus bay. Just wait for your Hoppa there. Get the £4 ready. Tell the driver where you're going to and once at the hotel, he'll announce.

If you have minimal luggage and know where you're going : Free LHR buses info located here http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm
                Last edited by SQFAN; 16 August 2007, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks.
                  Will travel light. Just a rollabag. Arriving around 630pm in T2. Thus per above posts, I should take the free bus not hoppa, right? If I want to go back to LHR to catch HEX for night out in London, would it be easy?
                  Also, regarding Sheraton, cawhite, what do yu mean by loking at the details? Do I have to book Club level, or just a regular room then will het automatic UG to Club level as SPG PLAT?
                  Thank you.

Comment

Just be sure to read the rate description/type carefully. As an example, there are some rates which are for "day use" only.

My last PLT upgrades at both properties were to "executive" rooms (the room at the Sheraton Heathrow was considerably smaller than the Skyline) with club/lounge access, though not necessarily on the same floor as the lounge. The room at the Sheraton Skyline was similar in furnishings to North American Sheraton standard furnishings.
                    Last edited by cawhite; 16 August 2007, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks.
                      Will travel light. Just a rollabag. Arriving around 630pm in T2. Thus per above posts, I should take the free bus not hoppa, right? If I want to go back to LHR to catch HEX for night out in London, would it be easy?.
                      LHR T2? Head straight out as the Hoppa bus stand is just outside the terminal. To head out to catch HEX, that would mean another £4 from the hotel back to the LHR . HEX is closest to T1 ..just make sure you watch out for the last service time from the terminal....dumb question, why not stay in London city itself?

Comment

It's just arriving about 7pm in the foreign land, might be a shock if I have to deal with finding the bust to the hotel near LHR, especially dealing with difficulties in understanding British accent.
                        UA MM, you mentioned above about late checkout of 4pm. Given that and that you'll be arriving around 6:30pm, I suggest you take the HEX to central London and stay there. Much better IMO than going straight to the Sheraton Skyline/Heathrow.

I hate the Hoppa with a vengeance - my last wait for the bus was 45 minutes...

Comment

Thanks. Will keep all the options open. I have a meeting with someone who will drive from north of Oxford. It seems the center of London will be a nightmare for this person. I just have to convince this person that the center of London is not as dangerous as it sounds. Perhaps will ask this person to park the car at LHR then taking the tube to Piccadilly.

Comment

Thanks. Will keep all the options open. I have a meeting with someone who will drive from north of Oxford. It seems the center of London will be a nightmare for this person. I just have to convince this person that the center of London is not as dangerous as it sounds. Perhaps will ask this person to park the car at LHR then taking the tube to Piccadilly.
                            If you decide to stay in London and this person does not want to drive into London they could always drive to Oxford park in the Park and Ride there and catch the bus to London which goes every 10 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              If you decide to stay in London and this person does not want to drive into London they could always drive to Oxford park in the Park and Ride there and catch the bus to London which goes every 10 minutes or so.
                              Ok. Thanks. Will let you know my countryman spoiled brat - prefer to drive but don't want to pay high fees in the city of London.

Comment

Working...
                              X