Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore Chili Crab festival in London (1st & 2nd Sept)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Chili Crab festival in London (1st & 2nd Sept)

For those who cannot make it for the SIN SKL Do the weekend 1 Sep, there are two events which may be of interest :-

Fri 31 Aug Dinner - Malaysia Merdeka Day Dinner, London
    Sat 01 Sep Lunch - Singapore Chili Crab Festival, London
    Sat 01 Sep Dinner - Bi Won Restaurant, London

Here are the details :

Fri 31 Aug Dinner - Malaysia Merdeka Day Dinner, London
    • 7.30pm at Satay House,13 Sale Place Paddington, London
    • Organised by Expat Malaysians in London
    • Please confirm this with me as I need to 'book' places
    • £18.50 pp
    • Menu
    • Keropok, satay ayam and kambing with ketupat and peanut sauce
    • Sup Kambing
    • Dalca Kambing
    • Beef Rendang
    • Sambal Tumis Udang
    • Ayam Goreng Bawang Putih
    • Kacang Boncis Goreng
    • Goreng Pisang with Ice Cream
    • Tea/Coffee

Sat 01 Sep Lunch - Singapore Chili Crab Festival, London

Sat 01 Sep Dinner/Drinks- TBC, London
  • Bi Won Restaurant, 24 Coptic Street London WC1.
  • 8 pm
  • Reservation under jjpb3 actual name

Attendees - 31 Aug
SQFAN+ colleague

Attendees - 1 Sep Lunch
jjpb3
flamboyant
SQFAN+ colleague
  • ETA 31 Aug LHR 1040
  • ETD 02 Sep LHR 1745
  • Hotel : Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel, Kensington

Nickbot + Mrs Nickbot
  • ETA 01 Sep 1100
  • ETD 02 Sep 1300
  • Hotel : HI Bloomsbury

Attendees - 1 Sep Dinner
SQFAN+ colleague
flamboyant
jjpb3
Nickbot + Mrs Nickbot
Last edited by SQFAN; 30 August 2007, 08:31 PM.

Are you in town, SQFAN?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

It is a week out for me as I will be arriving in London on the 8th

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Are you in town, SQFAN?
        I will be in UK but have a ex-colleague visiting me. I may be able to persude the colleague to make a detour down to London so that I can enjoy the chili crab with some you. Chili crab, tiger beer, laksa, bubur cha cha...... oh yeahhhh.

Will confirm later this coming week. Can you make it? Which day is best? Sat or Sun?

Comment

No promises, but please keep me informed

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            Will confirm later this coming week. Can you make it? Which day is best? Sat or Sun?
            Saturday is always better for me, sir. But I can make Sunday work if needed to accommodate a VVVIP visitor such as you.

(nickbot, we'll keep you and the Mrs informed. )

Comment

Just got back on Sun night from SIN.

Looks like Sat is a better day. Let's provisionally pencil in for Sat, okay?

Let me contact my ex-colleague to firm up and for me to check my redemption tix down to LHR.

BTW, there is a special place to meet up since there are three venues suggested in the website. I'll pass details later.

Comment

mrs nickbot and I are almost a definate for the Saturday (depending upon getting Nibbler into kennels, we may be staying over), so would be great to catch up Just waiting for 09:00 to make some calls...

EDIT The nickbots are coming to the Big Smoke! Looking forward to our first taste of Chilli Crab
                Last edited by nickbot; 14 August 2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Ok, that's good, nickbots. Care to share your flight details and hotel?

I've updated the first post plus included some new info.

Comment

Aaargh! Didn't realise there was a Friday night event too! We arrive around 11:00 on Saturday 1st and leave around 1300 Sunday 2nd (by train)

Hotel undecided at this point, PM me with your thoughts perhaps? I always try to stick to IC branded properties, i.e. IC/Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza as earning points is important at the moment for next year's Asian trip, so if you have somewhere in mind then we can stay there or nearby.

Any plans for Saturday night?
                    Last edited by nickbot; 14 August 2007, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Ooh what time is the Merdeka Day Dinner, SQFAN? I might see if I can make that one as well.

(I'm not shocked, of course, but that price tag is multiples of the delicious satay at the mamak SQfg took me out to. Ah ... nostalgia already.)

P.S. Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, nickbot -- great neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        Aaargh! Didn't realise there was a Friday night event too!

Hotel undecided at this point, PM me with your thoughts perhaps? I always try to stick to IC branded properties, i.e. IC/Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza as earning points is important at the moment for next year's Asian trip, so if you have somewhere in mind then we can stay there or nearby.

Any plans for Saturday night?
                        Apologies for that ..I just found out today regarding the Malaysia Merdeka Day Dinner. No plans yet for Sat night. Any ideas?

Yup, first choice is HI for me too. Let me check if I can get one that is reasonably priced...

Ooh what time is the Merdeka Day Dinner, SQFAN? I might see if I can make that one as well.

jjpb3 - that will be at 7.30pm. Updated the first post to reflect that. Thanks.

Comment

HI Bloomsbury looks reasonable price-wise, thanks jjpb3. Toying with the idea of changing our train tix to come on the Fri night, but ££ soon adds up with another hotel night - are you free to drink/eat on the Saturday night also jjpb3 and SQFan?...cos if so, we'll probably stick to just the Saturday night.

EDIT Our posts crossed in the ether SQFan! There's no way we could make it for 7:30 pm, so mark us down for the Saturday only. Will book into HI Bloomsbury, looks reasonably priced. We're up for drinking/eating on Sat night also...

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                            HI Bloomsbury looks reasonable price-wise, thanks jjpb3. Toying with the idea of changing our train tix to come on the Fri night, but ££ soon adds up with another hotel night - are you free to drink/eat on the Saturday night also jjpb3 and SQFan?...cos if so, we'll probably stick to just the Saturday night.
                            of course, definitely for Sat night...having said that, we may be too bloated after the Chili crab. We'll play it by ear..maybe something lighter and drinks. I'm open tio suggestions as jjpb3 knows London best.

First post updated -
                            Last edited by SQFAN; 14 August 2007, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              of course, definitely for Sat night...
                              Excellent. Have just booked in for the HI Bloomsbury.

jjpb3, any suggestions for somewhere good to eat/drink on Saturday night? Perhaps something Malaysian/Asian to carry on the theme,...we're easy, but not sure we could stretch to Gordon's prices though! Something light may be the order of the day, as you suggest SQFan, but I'll always have room for drinks

We should plan a link-up to the SIN DO, either by webcam or phone perhaps, to have a truly global SQTalk experience!!
                              Last edited by nickbot; 14 August 2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Working...
                                X