Clear All

• Air Asia X announces Virgin collaboration, routes

Official release:
    http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/pr...0d890-818ad7e7

News article:
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=285440

Summary:
    Virgin Group to take 20% stake in Air Asia X
    Air Asia X plans to fly to Gold Coast, Melbourne (AVV), London (STN)
    ADL features in long term plans
    There will be formal links between Air Asia X and Virgin Blue, in terms of FFP collaboration, codesharing etc.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

EXCELLENT!

Comment

Maybe Air Asia can renamed its long haul operation as Air Asia V, instead of Air Asia X

Comment

Interesting from the ninemsn article that they state that Air Asia X has issues with Adelaide. Does anyone have any idea what it could be.

I know that Adelaide Airport Limited have announced soon to commence building works at the multi-user terminal which will invlove relocating the regional flight parking/gates and the building of additional jet capable aerobridges at each end of the terminal to accommodate increasing flights.

There was even talk that if Air Asia X and/or Tiger start ADL operations they may re-open the old domestic terminal to accommodate these flights.

It was also interesting that Branson made mention of DJ looking at a switch to AVV...................WHY!!!!! (other than to connect with Air Asia X).

Its already a pain that JQ flights from ADL only go to AVV rather than Tullamarine. Makes it very unappealing if you have to transfer between the two to catch connecting flights let alone the distance to Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
          Makes it very unappealing if you have to transfer between the two to catch connecting flights let alone the distance to Melbourne.
          Appealing if you live in Geelong or Colac

but yeah, AVV is a pain to get to. So is STN. I hope pax that really have central Melbourne or south/southwest/east and southeast London in mind as their final destination factor in the transport costs when purchasing these flights from Air Asia X
          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 11 August 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Air Asia will be flying into Avalon airport near Melbourne when it beginsits service. However Air Asia at this time is trying to fly to HKG in Jan 08 pending equipment availaibilty as they have secured the landing rights.
            For AA X, the aircrafts will be configured into 2 classes - so there's an option for a "EY plus" kinda of class. At this time too, AA X is trying to lease 2 to 4 A330s to start its long haul services - as its own ordered A333s will not be delivered till sep 08.

Comment

Working...
            X