The SQTalk MEL Dinner and Drinky Poo with LukeGT - 2 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SQTalk MEL Dinner and Drinky Poo with LukeGT - 2 September

Well, it's time for another get-together downunder! In celebration of LukeGT's imminent arrival, I've decided to organise the first-ever SQTalk dinner and drinks in Melbourne (AU)!

We will be meeting on Sunday the 2nd of September at Pure South, which is located at Southgate on Southbank and serves modern Australian cuisine, for dinner at 7pm. We will then adjourn to Transport at Federation Square, featuring 150 beers from all over the world, for post-dinner drinks.

Confirmed attendees now include:

LukeGT
    KeithMEL
    blast-off
    singaporu_kooku
    Gabriele - LukeGT's friend

Tentative:

token01

A special shout out to those who are based downunder - you can scarcely miss a Do in your own backyard. And for those flying to SIN to attend the SKL party, why not just extend your weekend to MEL?

ps you don't have to drink to attend.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 August 2007, 08:14 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

no no please... remove me from special guest....
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      no no please... remove me from special guest....
      It's become a bit of a SQTalk tradition now don't you think?
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Kewl...First ever Mel Do..... ...hope everyone else can come as well

Comment

have to pass this one up, considering I'm 5 months short of 18... and therefore also have the financial situation of a 17 year old
          Last edited by Greatfox; 10 August 2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
            have to pass this one up, considering I'm 5 months short of 18... and therefore also have the financial situation of a 17 year old
            Oh...
            Maybe ask your folks for an increase in allowance for this Very Special Occasion?

Comment

still dosen't change the fact that I'm not allowed in legally, I'll try and get along to another do at a later date...

Comment

still dosen't change the fact that I'm not allowed in legally, I'll try and get along to another do at a later date...
                Oh don't worry - there maybe another 1, 2 or possibly 3 more dos in MEL before the end of the year

Comment

No min age for restaurant.

As for transport bar, YGPM.
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 10 August 2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Welll after the do on the 31st

ill go to bne - very possible put me down as a maybe Keithy, down under do's dont come around often plus my exams are done done done!!!!!

Very tempting indeed, if i can make it I must make use of duty free to bring something special to get the members of SQTalk drink on.

for those going to sin for the aug 31 do, best chance to come see down under as a side trip hehe

so im a maybe then

Comment

Good stuff. Hope you can make it mate.

Comment

*poke* peekaboo.
                        Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          We will then adjourn to Transport at Federation Square, featuring 150 beers from all over the world, for post-dinner drinks.
                          KeithMEL, Is that where your Avatar Pic comes from?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            KeithMEL, Is that where your Avatar Pic comes from?
                            Nope - that's from my 21st birthday party at another bar called Cherry. They also have the biggest Hoegardens ever.

Comment

*bump*
                              I've made reservations at Pure South for 7, an extra 2 spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X