No announcement yet.

The Cattle Club: Who flies Y regularly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cattle Club: Who flies Y regularly?

seeing similar topics about who flies Raffles (I REFUSE to call it Business Class!) Class, who here flies Y reguarly? surely I'm not the only one!

*raises hand*

My flying's probably 20% Y, 50% Y+ (on BA it's practically Y anyway apart from the larger seat), 29% J, 1% F.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

*sigh* I fly Y about 75% of the time and J 25%. So far havent been in long-haul F but I'm saving up the miles!
      Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

all my european flights (both work and leisure) are in Y.
        business trips > 6 hrs are biz class.
        leisure trips usually economy even if sometimes i fly also C/J (till today only 1 experience in F)
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I'm a solid member of the Cattle Club.

It isn't so obvious if you look at the aggregate numbers for my travels so far this year. In BIS miles, the breakdown is: 55% Y, 30% C, 15% F.

The disaggregated numbers, however, tell a more revealing story:

1. For award travel: 65% F, 35% C
          2. For work-funded travel: 50% Y and Y+, 50% C
          3. For own-funded travel: 90% Y, 10% C+F

The last bit is what earns me my membership card in the Cattle Club.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

In number of flights since 2001:

68% in Y
            20% in C
            12% in F (this also includes domestic F which really should be classified as premium economy)
            Last edited by Savage25; 9 August 2007, 01:05 AM.

Comment

100% in Y

I've only walked passed F and C/J

Comment

All my work travel is in Y. Work travel policy is that you must take the cheapest flight available. Having just changed jobs within my company I am coming to terms with a role which involves much less travel.

Personal travel is in whatever cabin I can afford. Unfortunately as I don't earn that much that means that it is mainly in Y but with good use of miles and looking for bargains I get some flights in J and a very few in F (my very first flight in F was on BA using the cheap deals out of LIS that I learnt about on TOF). Plus as travel is something I enjoy I am willing to invest a lot of my disposable income into it.

Comment

I fly Y for some short and medium hauls flights (sometimes too painful too pay J/F for those flights).
                  Last edited by StarG; 9 August 2007, 06:08 PM. Reason: blah

Comment

For work, I travel perhaps around 4 times a year, and out of these, perhaps one (very occassionally two) will be on Business Class. These come courtesy of two generous vendors who invite me to the US for events. One of them typically asks for my preferred itenary, and when I submit my preferred schedule -- on SIA of course -- their corporate TA will go, "For a little less money, you could travel on Eva Airways/Japan Airlines/etc...". I will have none of that!

For leisure, I have been in the past couple of trips been treating the Queen and myself to Business Class travel, redeemed using my miles. Other than these, travel has been in Economy. I have never paid for a C Class ticket out of my own pocket.
                    My Cafe Adventures
                    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I'd say I fly Y maybe 80% of the time, J 15% of the time, and F 5%

As long as it gets me to my destination. I'm happy!

Comment

Two fully paid up members of Cattle Class Club here in mrs nickbot and I!

No breakdown stats I'm afraid, but apart from a miles upgrade trip in Raffles back in 2005, internal business class flights within Thailand on TG (not much more expensive than Y), cheap C tix on LX within Europe and recently a wonderful C class trip on LH from LHR-FRA-YVR thanks to the assistance of a guardian angel , mrs nickbot and I are usually sat waaaaay down south on the back row

Actually, looking at that list again, it's not a bad performance with regard to Business Class travel for me over the past couple of years, but if I were to analyse it in terms of hours flown I think the breakdown wouldn't look so healthy. Hoping to improve the stats with an award trip next year

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Roughly on time too, right? I hear BA did a good job worrying their pax the last time you took them.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Where and when will your next exotic destination be? I still remember your mysterious trip on Kingfisher to that third- or fourth-tier city in India. I think the name starts with a V.
                            My Cafe Adventures
                            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                              Where and when will your next exotic destination be? I still remember your mysterious trip on Kingfisher to that third- or fourth-tier city in India. I think the name starts with a V.
                              Vijayawada?

Anyway, I think my next trip is going to be Peshawar in northern Pakistan. Have to go there do a few things..............

Comment

Working...
                              X