Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG & pre-ordered meals: did someone try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG & pre-ordered meals: did someone try it?

as per title..... did u try this service?
    What do you suggest?
    Is it available for ALL destinations out of BKK and for allo type of service (i mean BFAST, Brunch, lunch, dinner....)

Thank you!
    luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
    as per title..... did u try this service?
    What do you suggest?
    Is it available for ALL destinations out of BKK and for allo type of service (i mean BFAST, Brunch, lunch, dinner....)

Thank you!
    luke
    Sorry, I didn't try this. I wish I had -- the options on the menu ex-BKK weren't that well-executed, with the exception of the mussaman curry. Fortunately I could use the excuse that I was on a diet to explain why my food was only half-finished.

I would order it for the second serving (second meal) because the first serving had the curry which salvaged that meal.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Sorry, I didn't try this. I wish I had -- the options on the menu ex-BKK weren't that well-executed, with the exception of the mussaman curry. Fortunately I could use the excuse that I was on a diet to explain why my food was only half-finished.

I would order it for the second serving (second meal) because the first serving had the curry which salvaged that meal.

I have only a short ride (BKK-HKG) so no second service.... and also during the morning, so i don't think this would work for me.

I cannot use your excuse... they would star at me shockedly!

Comment

I cannot use your excuse... they would star at me shockedly!
        You have a great body, my dear! So, a diet would be a very good reason as well as "in training" for competing with jjpb3 for "Mr. Muscle Biceps of SQTalk."

Comment

CGK.... you wronged a word....

You have a great body
          BIG is the right one

Comment

BIG is the right one
            Really? You have a BIG one?

Anyhow, I remembered when TG still provided limo service, once I called to pick-up request, I would get the fax listing the meals to order before. But did not look appetising enough, and did not bother to order one.
            Oops... I think I did order lobster thermidor which was different taste and presentation than SQ BTC.

Comment

I've done it ex-LHR and ex-BKK.

From LHR I've had the Steak twice. First time was fine, second time it was awful, and up there with the worst meals I've had in any class on any airline.

We pre-ordered for BKK-MUC a couple of months ago and it was good. I can't remember what either of us ordered though. I'll have a look at the menu and let you know....

Comment

i've also a long-haul sector from CDG, but i think the service is not provided out of CDG.

Comment

I think it's only available from LHR, FRA and BKK.

BTW, they used to send their crappy old stuff to CDG. When are you due to fly ?.

Comment

end of august.
                    looking at the seat maps it seems to be a new 744 (7443). i cross my fingers.

So strange that SQ chose CDG as first destination for new products and CDG was the last destination to be served by 744 with new config.

Comment

I have had the Royal Thai Cuisine(a very nice fish with an exquisite curry) ex BKK , and also ex. NRT (which I had the beef tenderloin, and it was some very delicate Wagyu). I don't remember much else as I got acquainted with the la Grande Dame.......again!

Comment

Working...
                      X