Cathay Pacific confirmed its new order for the B777-300ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific confirmed its new order for the B777-300ER

Everyone in sqtalk knows I don't like CX, but as a member of this forum, I think I should report the latest news to all of you!!!As I'm in HK, I get its news faster!!

As I've read the newspaper today,it says CX has confirmed of spending HK$10.9 billion to place 5 more orders on the brand new 777-300ERs,and Boeing will offer some discounts to CX, so the price will be cheaper in substance.

The 5 aircrafts will be paid in cash and will begin its service in 2011, majoring in the N.American route.

Actually, CX has first placed its order for 16 777-300ERs in 2005, which is the largest expansion planning. Summation of all the ordered 777-300ERs till now, there will be 23 in the future. And the first one will fly back to Hong Kong in September this year and a total of 12 will be handed to Cathay until 2009.

"This is a concentrated translation from a Hong Kong local newspaper-Apple Daily"

Nice to hear that. I wonder if these new Boeing 777-300ER will sport the new Business Class seats that everyone dislikes. Anyhow, when someone here has the luxury of trying this aircraft, would you do the rest of us a kind favour and post some pictures?
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

well, the first 77W would be on 3Oct flying to TPE... and yes new J will be featured in 77W.... CX has no plan to stop introducing new J but they said some minor change would be made. they said the new J design is a balance of demand from J pax and company's revenue (i.e. minimise lost of seat capacity) so as u can see it has only 1 J seat lost. (the details is stated in CXWorld, the CX's internal newsletter)

Comment

Working...
      X