UA Experts: question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Experts: question!

If i request upgrade (via website) using miles and the upgrade is confirmed, can i eventually cancel the upgrade? and eventually if i want to use a SWU, can i switch the upgrade, crediting back miles and using swu?
    thank you
    luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

I think it's a bit tricky. Many times when I want to switch from miles to SWU usage, or vice versa, the agent always say, that need to have another upgrade seat availability since she/he can not hold the same seat to switch.
    But sometimes, when I checked in, the ck-in agent would ask me whether I want to use miles or SWU, and she would switch it without any problem.

In short, you will take a chance by doing a switch of upgrade instrument.

Comment

thank you , CGK!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        I think it's a bit tricky. Many times when I want to switch from miles to SWU usage, or vice versa, the agent always say, that need to have another upgrade seat availability since she/he can not hold the same seat to switch.
        But sometimes, when I checked in, the ck-in agent would ask me whether I want to use miles or SWU, and she would switch it without any problem.

In short, you will take a chance by doing a switch of upgrade instrument.

If calling in to do the change, as a non-1K, you'll most likely end up with the ICC. The ICC will have absolutely no idea how to do the switch while holding the upgrade intact (many of the US reps don't & end up either passing it on to a CSD or just saying it isn't possible). Waiting until check-in means taking the chance that the agent won't know how to do the switch or how to redeposit the miles (which would begin a whole new effort in trying to get the miles redeposited).
        Last edited by cawhite; 7 August 2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Talking of UA. Why is there a 777 of their's as well as a 744 at Changi this morning ?. I thought they just had the 1 x 744 flight in here ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Talking of UA. Why is there a 777 of their's as well as a 744 at Changi this morning ?. I thought they just had the 1 x 744 flight in here ?
            UA has two daily flights in/out of SIN. SIN-HKG is a 744 (departure around 0645). SIN-NRT is a T7 (departure around 0715).

Comment

cawhite.... thank you for your message.
              At the moment my upgrade is from C to F so no problem about class fare.
              I've already request (and got confrimation) for upgrade with miles.
              But if i should find someone on FT giving SWU for less miles, i could consider the switch

Luke!!!
              Last edited by LukeGT; 7 August 2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                cawhite.... thank you for your message.
                At the moment my upgrade is from C to F so no problem about class fare.
                I've already request (and got confrimation) for upgrade with miles.
                But if i should find someone on FT giving SWU for less miles, i could consider the switch

Luke!!!
                Thanks for clarifying. I've edited my original post to remove the parts which apply to a Y-->C upgrade & therefore don't apply to your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                  UA has two daily flights in/out of SIN. SIN-HKG is a 744 (departure around 0645). SIN-NRT is a T7 (departure around 0715).
                  I never knew about the NRT flight!.

Comment

But if i should find someone on FT giving SWU for less miles, i could consider the switch ....
                    Unless the sponsor could check in with you at the airport, you must apply the SWU in advance. You cannot do the switch at the airport without the sponsor. You may need to call multiple times to get an agent who could switch it without losing the upgrade.

Comment

TerryK, thank you for your reply.
                      I have to say i'm quite tenacious.... to get a rerouting on the famous UA mistake fare i called about 30-40 times (1 x day)... so patience is not my problem

BTW, my target is to find someone not using SWUs and trading them on FT (let's say 20-25K per SWU) and sponsoring me in advance.
                      Considering that my upgrade with miles was confirmed instantaneously, i think actually i could have good chances, don't I?
                      BTW any suggestion is appreciated.

Comment

TerryK, thank you for your reply.
                        I have to say i'm quite tenacious.... to get a rerouting on the famous UA mistake fare i called about 30-40 times (1 x day)... so patience is not my problem

BTW, my target is to find someone not using SWUs and trading them on FT (let's say 20-25K per SWU) and sponsoring me in advance.
                        Considering that my upgrade with miles was confirmed instantaneously, i think actually i could have good chances, don't I?
                        BTW any suggestion is appreciated.
                        If another confirmed upgrade space is available, your chances are very good. If not...you're still taking a chance on finding an agent who knows how to do the swap while keeping your upgrade intact. Pulling the instrument from someone else's MP account may or may not make that more difficult. YGPM re some other issues you might run into.
                        Last edited by cawhite; 8 August 2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

cawhite thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X