TG KUL-BKK-LHR Y experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG KUL-BKK-LHR Y experience?

Has anyone had experience with TG on this route?

At the moment, I'm trying to look for KUL-LHR tickets (for 2nd Sept travel) and they are all fully booked. Looked at MH, but it's going to cost RM7K and not sure if corporate travel will approve that.

My last resort would be TG. I had a look, it all costs RM4.6K all in. Anyone had any experience on this plane? I heard it doesn't have PTV???

Also, would it be easy to redeem my *A air miles?

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Was trying KUL-SIN-HKG on SQ, and HKG to LHR on VS.

Also fully booked on the HKG to LHR leg! argh

Comment

If you're still interested in TG, the 744s that operate between BKK and LHR don't have PTVs in Y. I would strongly suggest flying the night flights in both directions (0110 from BKK and 2130 from LHR I think). However, the 34'' pitch is quite nice and the service is okay. Foodwise, the menu choices sound fancier than they taste. I love thai food and was quite disappointed that they ran out on both longhaul sectors. (non-breakfast meals)

I do have a bone to pick. The guy sitting in front of us put his backpack under his seat (i.e. restricting our legroom) and when we asked about it, the crew said that it was his right to put his bag there. I always thought you were meant to put your carry ons under the seat in front of you, at least in consideration for the person behind.

Does SQ cost a lot more on your dates? Also, I read sometime ago that TG's V/W (cheaper Y buckets) don't earn anything to KF and 50% to ROP. Not too sure about that though.
      Last edited by wzwjon; 7 August 2007, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Yes the big disadvantage is no PTV in Y so if you are keen on your IFE then TG is not the way to go. The biggest plus is the seat pitch it is noticably more spacous than SQ. Otherwise I have found the service to be good, food to be fairly standard economy stuff really.

Comment

Why don't you try to fly from KUL -> BKK -> ZRH and then fly from ZRH with SWISS to LHR because THAI fly from BKK to ZRH with A340-600 with IFE very nice one.....

Comment

Working...
          X