No announcement yet.

SYD First class lounge recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYD First class lounge recommendations?

When flying out of Syd in F on SQ Do you recommend the NZ F lounge over the Kris F.

I know that SQ F can use the lounge on a paid F ticket Just don't know which is the best.

If so, do they announce flight dept for SQ.

Cheers,

There is no NZ F lounge in SYD - just a regular C one. It's right next to the silver kris lounge (which is split into F and C) - I prefer the NZ one though, a bit larger and less personal, but quite a fair bit nicer in the "cool" stakes.

Comment

Geez your quick!

Thanks SQflyergirl

You were so quick with that reply

You go girl!!

Cheers,
      Colin................

Comment

I totally agree, NZ lounge at SYD is far better than either SKL.

Comment

But no they don't annouce SQ flights in the NZ lounge..

Comment

NZ lounge seems to be the concensus here... definitely will try that next.

I can't believe I haven't tried there, having flown there every month. We can use our PPS and ticket to access it? Wouldn't they ask you to go to SQ one instead?

Comment

Yep, a C class BP is enough to access the NZ lounge. If you're flying in Y, you'll need to show your PPS card with your BP. When I was there, the NZ agents were very welcoming (as simong mentioned, they just warn you that they don't make any SQ flight announcements in the lounge).
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I thought there is a section that designated as F lounge for TG F pax? After the two receptionist desk, there is a door to this area, while the C lounge is straight ahead. This area seems never been used anymore. I remember the food selection was very limited aka dry snacks. I even was told by the staff that I would be better off stay at the C lounge.

Comment

IMHO, it is a matter of preference for SKL F or for NZ C. I feel home at SKL. With only one shower, yes, NZ C will have plenty of them. Food? Again a personal choice. Wine? Yes, NZ C should be better.

Note: Hope someone will update the lounge pictures of SKL C and F in SYD.

Comment

I'll be flying SQ in F to/from SYD. Reading some of the threads it looks like most are recommending NZ C over SQ F lounge. Is anyone able to share any photos of both or either of the lounges? Cheers.

Comment

I think I have seen the new pictures of the lounge SKL F through the one of A380 trip report. But for the specifically SKL F lounge in SYD thread, her you go... the link. And for NZ Lounge, I could not find it.

Comment

Coincidentally I was in both lounges yesterday. NZ lounge has much better amenities, food and drink, but is also much larger and potentially busier (depending on time of day). SQ F lounge had 6 people and felt crowded, while NZ lounge had about 30 people and felt empty.

Comment

I agree with Kiwi: NZ lounge in SYD rocks. I fell in love with the wonderful view on the tarmac!
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
                            I'll be flying SQ in F to/from SYD. Reading some of the threads it looks like most are recommending NZ C over SQ F lounge. Is anyone able to share any photos of both or either of the lounges? Cheers.
                            Not the best of pics but to give you an idea :

Definitely a better place to be than the SKL F next door

Comment

It has changed a little bit since those photos were done.

Comment

Working...
                              X