Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching your FF program on an issued ticket

hi everyone,
    I was wondering if you could give me your advice on how to avoid any potential problems. I will be flying SQ tomorrow TPE-LAX. I purchased my ticket yesterday and had my PPS coordinator link my M&M account to accrue the mileage for the flight. However, I just saw that BMI DC is offering double mileage for new members in the month of Aug. Since I have 3 long-haul RT flights on SQ this month, I thought now is the time to start crediting to BMI, and credit the few remaining miles I need for SEN status at a later time in the calendar year. Therefore, I just signed up for BMI's program. I just want to know, based on experience, how is the best way to change my FF program to ensure that BMI receives my mileage, as opposed to M&M? Because it is the weekend, my local SQ offices are closed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't foresee any major issues. At check-in, just ask that your miles be credited to BD

Comment

First, make sure your BD number is in your KrisFlyer profile.

Then, do the switch at the checkin desk. For some reason, my experience with changes made at the SKL is lot more unstable.

And finally, check that BP closely for the correct notation. (SQxxxxxxxxxx BD*G -- I think the computer will pick up your PPS status and shimmy it over to your BD number).

Good luck. I hope the Double Dipping Gods are smiling upon you.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thank you very much 9V-JKL, much appreciated.

Comment

thanks a lot jjpb3- i went ahead and updated my profile accordingly. btw, i just want to confirm that BMI's FFP membership number is 8 digits... seems rather short, so i wanted to make sure that the number they sent me in the email wasn't shortened at the beginning.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the double miles promo with BD taipeiflyer - have just signed up myself (mainly to collect the credit card bonus miles), but annoying that I don't have any trips planned grrr!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              I hadn't heard about the double miles promo with BD taipeiflyer - have just signed up myself (mainly to collect the credit card bonus miles), but annoying that I don't have any trips planned grrr!
              sorry, just clicked the link- i didn't realize that the promotion is for bmi flights only... that changes things quite a bit. sorry for the misinformation.
              Last edited by taipeiflyer; 4 August 2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

No problem whatoever,...maybe a mini BMI mileage run for me!!

Could you post the link taipei? Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                  i just want to confirm that BMI's FFP membership number is 8 digits... seems rather short, so i wanted to make sure that the number they sent me in the email wasn't shortened at the beginning.
                  Yup, 8-digit FF number (although only the last 7 are really meaningful, as the first digit changes based on your tier).

Comment

thanks for the info jjpb3. hope you had a great time at the do. have a good flight back to London!

Comment

here ya go nickbot: http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/freq...x?&LinkID=3900

Comment

Thanks taipeiflyer, shall have a look now

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          And finally, check that BP closely for the correct notation. (SQxxxxxxxxxx BD*G -- I think the computer will pick up your PPS status and shimmy it over to your BD number).
                          In the PNR, they are shown as (for a QPP with BD Gold status):

SSRFQTSSQHK/ SQ Q 888001111
                          SSRFQTVSQHK/ BD18889999.G

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Before I had silver on LH, I would never see the LH notation on my bp. So I doubt he'll have a BD*G appearing on the BP.
                            In fact I think it is most likely that nothing would appear and he'd better ask multiple agents to check that the credit is going correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                              Before I had silver on LH, I would never see the LH notation on my bp. So I doubt he'll have a BD*G appearing on the BP.
                              In fact I think it is most likely that nothing would appear and he'd better ask multiple agents to check that the credit is going correctly.
                              When I had zero BD status and SQ EG at the start of this year, BD*G did appear on my BPs.

But good point. I recall not seeing UA at some point in the past when I had some form of SQ*G status.

Comment

Working...
                              X