Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for 6 hours in Singapore

Hi all,

I found your site while planning a trip on SQ from JFK to HAN in November. Great site!

My return journey to JFK includes a 6 hour layover in SIN on a Monday evening -- I arrive in SIN at 18:00, then depart at 23:59. I figure that gives me at least 2 or 3 hours for a quick jaunt into the city.

I've never been to Singapore before. Any ideas on how to make the most of my short stopover there?

Hi BostonFlyer, welcome to SQTalk.

I'm sure that there are more people here that are better qualified to answer this question, but I'll kick things off.

Firstly, will you have any form of lounge access at SIN? If you're travelling in F or C, then I would suggest simply spending time in the SKL (Silver Kris Lounge) rather than busting a gut travelling into the city,...but perhaps that's just me being paranoid (I like to be at the airport verrry early for a flight!). Check out Changi's internet site to see the myriad of facilities on offer - you could even go for a dip in the rooftop pool:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603

Hope this helps - in summary, I'd probably just stay within the airport as there's plenty to do

Comment

The decision is obviously down to personal preference and circumstances but I would go into town myself, and will be doing exactly that myself in not too distant future arriving at 1800 and departing at 2350. I have been to Singapore many times so I know my way around but I am also a little sick of the sight of Changi at the moment, as great as the place is. The criminal removal of Dom from the SKL has obviously has helped me make the decision.

As a first time visitor to Singapore you could get down to Boat Quay by taxi in 30 minutes tops and sit outside and enjoy some food and/or drinks next to the river. Alternatively you could try some hawker food at one of a number of hawker centres or even go the full on tourist and have a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel and nip across the road to go up to the 72nd floor of the Swissotel and enjoy the fabulous views from New Asia bar.

Fortunately it's quick, easy and cheap to get from and too Changi, but leave yourself enough time to get back in case you struggle to get a taxi straight away.

Enjoy whatever you choose to do, and welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

Working...
      X