Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK A380s: Different configs for different routes

http://theaustralian.news.com.au/sto...-23349,00.html

...Emirates Airline, the world's fastest growing international carrier, has revealed the seat configurations for its new fleet of A380 superjumbos.

The layouts for these double-decker giants suggest that demand for posh travel is as strong today as when ships carried passengers from Europe to the rest of the world - with the select cabins on the shady side of the ship.

Stratification of passengers will extend beyond first class, business class and economy class.

There will also be a geographical hierarchy, with rich Westerners enjoying bedrooms, bars and space, while flights to India and other parts of Asia may resemble the proverbial cattle truck.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Is that a picture of the EK's A380 J? Is that an...angled lie-flat seat?! How could EK make that mistake this late in the biz class game. Everyone's going fully flat and if they really want to keep status as a world-leading carrier they need just that. That cattle truck reference to the regional configuration on their whalejet made me rofl though! Thanks for finding KeithMEL!
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Its not EK's J. Its generic J seats on the 'demo' A380

Comment

Is it just me who feels mildly offended by the reference of a cattle truck on the India-bound flights? I'm not Indian, but I feel there could have been a nicer way to describe the cabin.
        My Cafe Adventures
        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
          Is it just me who feels mildly offended by the reference of a cattle truck on the India-bound flights? I'm not Indian, but I feel there could have been a nicer way to describe the cabin.
          'Cattle truck' is not an uncommon way to refer to economy class.

Said 'cattle truck' is further described in a later paragraph:
          There will be a small business class and then row after row of economy seats on both decks of the plane.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 31 July 2007, 04:45 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
            Would you prefer "sardine can"?

Comment

OK I get it now. I thought they had used cattle as a reference to Indians, ie. read racial discrimination.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
              X