X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH goes for submarine ...

That sure got your attention right?

Article here: http://www.businesstraveller.com/def...9&LS=EMS135203

Have a look at the pictures. It gave me an impression of bunking in an luxurious submarine. LH is considering it. If it comes with privacy curtains, I guess there will be an uptake from certain pax for some dot dot dot.

This was discussed somewhere on TOF - potential problems from what I remember were (i) how do people sit up for take off and landing; and (ii) what to do with the elderly and disabled who may not find it possible/easy to get to the top bunk.

Comment

Thanks..I tend not to monitor TOF that actively now...maybe I should. I'll pop over the now...

Comment

I think it's rather uncomfortable. Imagine you've booked the sleeper class and on the day of the flight you're not tired. Then you have to lie flat for 12 hours straight, while staying awake. I think it looks like a hospital (3rd class).

regards m
        You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
          I think it's rather uncomfortable. Imagine you've booked the sleeper class and on the day of the flight you're not tired. Then you have to lie flat for 12 hours straight, while staying awake. I think it looks like a hospital (3rd class).

regards m
          The design of the aircraft is only intended for overnight long-haul flights.

Comment

I know but have you never experienced an overnight long haul flight where you weren't able to sleep?

regards m
            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

I know but have you never experienced an overnight long haul flight where you weren't able to sleep?

regards m
              yea, when i used to fly to asia as a student in economy, where i couldn't get any sleep because i was in an upright position the whole time. being able to lie down would be a most beneficial cure to this ailment.

Comment

regards m
                My bad, I read your post incorrectly, anyway, I can get sleep pretty easily during flights, even in Y, but for other people it may be a pain, but I think this 'submarine' approach may ease the pain of sleeping for most people.

Comment

... I think it looks like a hospital (3rd class)...
                  I was thinking along the lines of fraternity/sorority house.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                    I was thinking along the lines of fraternity/sorority house.

Toga, toga, toga ..

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      Toga, toga, toga ..
                      I haven't heard that in a while!

Comment

Seems like NZ is interested too....
                        http://www.stuff.co.nz/4157740a13.html

Comment

regards m

What about privacy? They'll fit giant panels & make them look like coffins. It's not exactly an encouraging move from Lufthansa. What about the frequent flyers?

Comment

Working...
                          X