Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ & BA seeking to buy SU 787 delivery slots

Excerpts from article: http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061107/3/2shi9.html

Russia's flagship carrier Aeroflot has missed a deadline in an interim agreement with Boeing on delivery of 22 Boeing-787 jets, losing a discount and delaying supply of the planes, an Aeroflot board member told Reuters on Tuesday.

British Airways and Singapore Airlines were seeking to buy the planes originally meant to be delivered to Aeroflot.

Interesting - This could be the start for SIA to move back to Boeing due to Airbus and the A380 ---

Comment

Those 2010 slots are pretty good. That would mean that the 787s would be arriving around the same time as the A333s.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        Those 2010 slots are pretty good. That would mean that the 787s would be arriving around the same time as the A333s.
        Were the 333's meant to bridge the gap before the 787 or the 350XWB arrived? cause if it was meant to be a precursor to the 787, then you might see the 333 lease disappear.

Comment

Well they just ordered the Trents for the A330. It would be strange for the A330 not to proceed.

If you really want to hypothesise further and speculate that the A330s are dependent on the A380 and A350XWB order, then it can conclude that SIA is still sticking with the two aforementioned aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
            Were the 333's meant to bridge the gap before the 787 or the 350XWB arrived? cause if it was meant to be a precursor to the 787, then you might see the 333 lease disappear.
            Those A333s are a stop-gap measure for the A359XWBs. I think it's still on the LOI though. No news on whether it's been firmed up yet.

I'm getting giddy thinking about seeing all those planes in 2011:
            B772ERs
            B773s
            B773ERs
            B774s
            B788s
            A359XWBs
            A388s

Comment

B774s
              Yup...definitely giddy

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Yup...definitely giddy
                You don't think they'll be around anymore? I think the last 2-3 will be.

Comment

I think Savage25 was commenting on the rocketship B777-400 (B774).

Comment

Heh. Yeah. I think I've been in my house a little too long.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      I think Savage25 was commenting on the rocketship B777-400 (B774).
                      You mean the rocketship PK-GSH you have in MS-FS ?

Comment

Those A333s are a stop-gap measure for the A359XWBs. I think it's still on the LOI though. No news on whether it's been firmed up yet.

B772ERs
                        B773s
                        B773ERs
                        B774s
                        B788s
                        A359XWBs
                        A388s
                        There is no SQ order for A330-300s or A350s. Those are only LoIs and may or may not become orders. The plan was for the A330s to replace 18 777s, specifically 9V-SQA through 9V-SQH, 9V-SRA through 9V-SRE, and 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE. The A350 will not have an EIS before 2013 at the earliest, so we definitely won't see it in the SQ fleet in 2011.

An SQ capture of the B787 delivery slots that SU lost would diminish the need for and chances of SQ ordering the A330 and A350.
                        Last edited by zvezda; 6 February 2009, 05:23 AM. Reason: specific 777s to be replaced by A330s

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          There is no SQ order for A330-300s or A350s. Those are only LoIs and may or may not become orders. The plan was for the A330s to replace the 17 9V-SR* subfleet. The A350 will not have an EIS before 2013 at the earliest, so we definitely won't see it in the SQ fleet in 2011.

An SQ capture of the B787 delivery slots that SU lost would diminish the need for and chances of SQ ordering the A330 and A350.
                          That is true that SQ still hasn't firmed up the deal yet, but then why did they announce of engine selections for the A333s?

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...se/NE_5906.jsp

Besides, I also read somewhere that SQ intends on maintaining a fleet of greater than 100 frames, so we're in for a plethora of SQ birds. The SU slots would be just to get the 789s delivered a year earlier.

Comment

That is true that SQ still hasn't firmed up the deal yet, but then why did they announce of engine selections for the A333s?
                            SQ signed a LoI for the airframes, then a LoI for the engines. Neither is yet a firm order.
                            Besides, I also read somewhere that SQ intends on maintaining a fleet of greater than 100 frames, so we're in for a plethora of SQ birds.
                            Yes, but not necessarily a plethora of types. By 2012, we might see only WhaleJets, B777s, and B787s in the passenger fleet.
                            The SU slots would be just to get the 789s delivered a year earlier.
                            Maybe. Or maybe to order more frames. With the 6th delay in the A350 program meaning EIS will be 2013 at the earliest, SQ may decide to buy B787s instead if they can get the delivery slots.

Comment

I hope it be B747-8I, B777s, B787 and A380s would be sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X