Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQFG rides the world's favourite airline - (BA J FRA-LHR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQFG rides the world's favourite airline - (BA J FRA-LHR)

Preface:

This TR is not intended for the consumption of the BA Gold Gods of SQTalk ala jjpb3/jhm/sqfan - for this is their regular staple (kidding). As it was somewhat out of my normal patterns - I thought i'd write about it

Got to the airport in T2 FRA to find that the first flight out to LCY was cancelled. Many pax were accomodated on my flight: BA901 FRA-LHR

The night before, there was an EQP change from the regular 763 to a 752 on BA916 (which overnights in FRA before returning to LHR as BA901)

So I'd gone from a very lightly loaded 763 to a full 752.

Both these factors conspired to rob me of 1F which i had secured at T-25.

Having said that, the seat shifters somehow took pity on me and gave me 3A (which turned out to be a bulkhead seat)!

Anyway - pushback was on time, take off was a few minutes late as we had to hold for a few other departures.

Here are the pics:

Remote stand ! hurrah!

G-BPEK

Bulkhead seat 3A - fairly good legroom for asian sized people, the B seat folds in to give the pax in the A and C seat a few more inches.

Nicely embroidered head rest cover

Hot breakkies this time of the day. Found it quite tasty.

Approach into london: here's LCY (dedicated to jjpb3 as usual)

Continued:

Arrival into Heathrow. As you can see, LHR is merely a small outpost for BA judging by their one or two narrowbodies in this pic

Not sure who these two are. Never seen these airlines before

Overall: Haven't flown BA in a few years, but intra europe J is loosely (trolls/argumentative types mind the caveat here please) comparable to any I've tried. I like 'em! Seat pitch and hardware is about par for the course, but the aplomb at which service was delivered was quite nice - maybe I'm an anglophile - but the crew and me got on fabulously even on a short flight.

Best of all, I got my bag back too

Comment

Hooray, the evil LHR baggage black hole was de-activated for your flight!

A-C side in Club Europe rules! As for the E seat: . I tend to like BA's service as well, and the C-E brekkies are perfect for jump-starting the day.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Love the 2 unknown airplanes side by side...is that a koi-inspired livery?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
          Love the 2 unknown airplanes side by side...is that a koi-inspired livery?
          No, that design is called Hibiscus - named after our Bunga Raya - national flower.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Hooray, the evil LHR baggage black hole was de-activated for your flight!
            Lets hope it's deactivated for my flight out as well

A-C side in Club Europe rules! As for the E seat: . I tend to like BA's service as well, and the C-E brekkies are perfect for jump-starting the day.
            Yes, but having said it was full, it wasn't TECHNICALLY full. All A/C D/F seats were taken, but no E seat was allocated. I liked that breakkies - don't know how many calories it had though :o

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              No, that design is called Hibiscus - named after our Bunga Raya - national flower.
              Oh no how can I not know...being a Malaysian!

was just joking on the koi!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                Oh no how can I not know...being a Malaysian!

was just joking on the koi!
                That was worrying. I hope you have seen the other livery as well - The blue-ish version, I think it's called Freedom of Space.

Comment

I noticed the seat shifters are quite good at protecting your preferred seat/s when EQP change occurs. My flight went from a low J 744 to a mid J but my original bulkhead aisle seat in WTP (17B) was immediately transferred to a comparable seat on the new config (11J).

So it does look like your chosen seat will now 'stick.'

*touches wood*

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  That was worrying. I hope you have seen the other livery as well - The blue-ish version, I think it's called Freedom of Space.
                  I think you're talking about the Heliconia.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Yeap, Heliconia, with Freedom of Space tagline on it. Both are equally awesome IMO

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      So it does look like your chosen seat will now 'stick.'
                      Not quite, if I'm to judge from a couple of my recent experiences. You can still be victimized.
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 20 July 2007, 06:41 PM.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Not quite, if I'm to judge from a couple of my recent experiences. You can still be victimized.
                        So I still need to look at checkmytrip compulsively hey. Here's hoping the seat shifters will leave me alone for Sunday. Unless I get shifted 'up front.'
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 20 July 2007, 08:35 PM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Considering that 3A is indeed coveted by BA G all over, and there WERE a few of those onboard yesterday, mostly those who had transferred from the cancelled LCY flight. I'm a BAEC blue, so I think they took pity by making my seat at least comparable to the one I originally got at OLCI

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Continued:

Arrival into Heathrow. As you can see, LHR is merely a small outpost for BA judging by their one or two narrowbodies in this pic
                            indeed. small ops in LHR for BA. SQ also fly narrow boddies into this small airport.

Comment

Had the pleasure of flying into LHR this morning. Experienced my first ever go around due to a plane still being on the runway. Then once we had landed we sat on the tarmac for nearly 2 hours waiting for a stand to become free. Once we finally got onto our remote stand it was then another 30 minute wait for some stairs to show up

Comment

Working...
                              X