Traitor Air To Increase Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traitor Air To Increase Frequency

CX has announced that from 1 October 2007, they will operate daily flights to/from ADL. Flights will continue to be operated by A330 and to the same timetable.

CX currently flies into Adelaide non-stop from Hong Kong overnight, arriving at 9.40am on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. It then departs at 11am on those days, via Melbourne arriving in Hong Kong at 10.05pm.

They will join SQ as being the only international operators ex ADL currently operating daily services. NZ has announced increasing to daily flights to AKL from Feb 2008 whilst MH will continue to operate 4 times per week to KUL. With QF dropping their 3 per week ADL/AKL B733 from this month, QF now only operates internationally ADL/SIN 3 times per week (2 direct, 1 via Darwin). Its amazing that SQ, CX and MH can operate a respectable international service ex ADL whilst our own flag carrier QF can't.

Current aircraft used are:

SQ - 772, CX - A330, NZ - A320/767, MH - 772 and QF - A330

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
    Its amazing that SQ, CX and MH can operate a respectable international service ex ADL whilst our own flag carrier QF can't.
    In fairness to QF, they're up against international carriers feeding pax into their home bases. It's bound to be a struggle. Having said that, they use Changi as a hub themselves.

At least your flag carrier operates some international flights from various points in the country outside of it's main hub...

Comment

As Australia is so vast it makes more sense to hub at cities in Asia like SIN and HKG than shuffle everyone into SYD or MEL. Makes more economic sense too than running direct flights to Europe from all the capital cities. QF's ADL service to SIN is essentially a feeder into the Europe-bound flights on QF/BA.

ADL-AKL has been a struggle from day one as neither ADL nor AKL are major hubs for QF.

It'd be really nice if 'our own flag carrier' (which in reality, since the early 90s, is really a privatised corporation based in Australia that cleverly employs patriotic sentiments and icons in its marketing) ran direct flights from all the capital cities but the numbers just do not make it work.

I'm quite puzzled about the cancellation of QF16/15 744 service PER-SIN-LHR in favour of 2 class 333s to SIN though, with all that mining going on in Western Australia and a rather healthy demand for F seats out of PER. IIRC the service was canned way before the A380-induced fleet shortage.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 20 July 2007, 09:31 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
      X