NZ and it's new baggage system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ and it's new baggage system

Our baggage weight got reduced to 23kg for Y and now more stringent measures...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/061107/1/44lmj.html

Air New Zealand is to introduce a new electronic baggage system, which the airline said would collect five million dollars (3.3 million US) annually from overweight baggage.

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
    Our baggage weight got reduced to 23kg for Y and now more stringent measures...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/061107/1/44lmj.html

Air New Zealand is to introduce a new electronic baggage system, which the airline said would collect five million dollars (3.3 million US) annually from overweight baggage.

What was it before?

Comment

Wasn't it 32 kg??

Comment

Oh, was NZ offering 32kg in Y before? I'd have thought it was 20 kg, and they've gone UP now.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
          Oh, was NZ offering 32kg in Y before? I'd have thought it was 20 kg, and they've gone UP now.
          Oh sorry... should have stated more clearly. I meant on flights from Pacific to US. Domestic and non-US routes are 20kg. US routes went from 32kg to 23 kg right?? And I believe SQ and UA did the same too. I remember coming into the US with 2 luggages about 32 kg each and it was fine but while I was in the US, they changed the rule and I was only allowed 23kg per luggage. And UA were so strict in enforcing the overweight luggage policy, almost everyone had to repack their luggage or pay extra fees, so I believe that's what NZ is doing now??

Comment

Not that I remember. I flew SIN-SFO in May and SFO-SIN in Jul, and they didn't mention anything about 23kg. In fact, I took on 3 bags and no issue. My brother flew on another flight, and his bags were like max weights at 32kg. So I don't think its an SQ policy yet. Please stop giving ideas to them

Comment

Haha I already saw the signs at their counters at Changi in August this year which stated that the current allowed weight was 23kg. I did fly SIN-SFO in late August without a problem though. Guess they do give some leeway unlike UA who are out to charge for every little small thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                Haha I already saw the signs at their counters at Changi in August this year which stated that the current allowed weight was 23kg. I did fly SIN-SFO in late August without a problem though. Guess they do give some leeway unlike UA who are out to charge for every little small thing.
                Maybe you saw something else? SQ has always been 2x32kg to the US.
                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U..._allowance.jsp

Comment

Sorry sincerely apologize for the incorrect information. Must have misread what I saw at the airport. So if someone could provide the correct information, is this change from 32kg to 23kg only for UA and NZ??

Comment

For UA:

International destinations (excluding travel to/from Brazil, Japan, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Haiti and The Philippines):

Economy Class - 2 bags, maximum 50 pounds/23kg each
                    First or Business Class - 2 bags, maximum 70 pounds/32kg each
                    1K, Premier Executive and Star Alliance Gold Members - 3 bags, maximum 70 pounds/32kg each
                    Military customers on tour - 2 duffel bags, sea bags or B-4 bags up to 70 pounds/32kg and 115 linear inches/292cm

Maximum linear dimensions of all bags: 62 inches/158cm (length + width + height) each
                    United Airlines Website

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                      Not that I remember. I flew SIN-SFO in May and SFO-SIN in Jul, and they didn't mention anything about 23kg. In fact, I took on 3 bags and no issue. My brother flew on another flight, and his bags were like max weights at 32kg. So I don't think its an SQ policy yet. Please stop giving ideas to them
                      Welcome to SQT, kaysquare!
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Welcome to SQT, kaysquare!
                        Thanks! A bit surprised 'cos my account got reset. But heck. Signed up again.

Comment

Working...
                        X