HELP!! Advice needed on requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Advice needed on requalification

My KF Gold status is expiring end of this month, and I will be about 3,500 ponits short of requalification. I have a lot of trips lined up from September onwards, and need the KF Gold status. Is there anything I can do to avoid the zero status come August 1?

Can you give us more details about your ability and willingness to do a mileage run? Where are you based? Are you willing to travel in C for the mileage run?

It wouldn't hurt to ask KrisFlyer whether they would be willing to give you an extra month to re-qualify, but 3,500 Elite Miles may be just big enough -- and September just far enough into the future -- to make them unwilling to grant you the grace period.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Can you give us more details about your ability and willingness to do a mileage run? Where are you based? Are you willing to travel in C for the mileage run?

It wouldn't hurt to ask KrisFlyer whether they would be willing to give you an extra month to re-qualify, but 3,500 Elite Miles may be just big enough -- and September just far enough into the future -- to make them unwilling to grant you the grace period.
      Sorry, I am a newbie at this--and not sure what you mean with "willingness to do a mileage run" and travel "c". Based in Perth, OZ. And I am willing to book and pay for my ticket for the Sep trip immediately.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk!

jjpb3 means that will you be willing to pay and fly the 3,500miles just for the sake of earning those 3,500 miles. If you are willing, then it should be quite achievable. Travel 'C' means travelling in Business class. 'C' is a term used by frequent flyers to mean Biz class as quite often that's the fare code.

Since you're based on Perth, we could suggest that you fly to SIN and back just to earn those 3,500 miles. Obviously, a miles earning ticket will be required.

If not, it would be best to ask SQ if they could make special exceptions to your case.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Welcome to SQTalk!

jjpb3 means that will you be willing to pay and fly the 3,500miles just for the sake of earning those 3,500 miles. If you are willing, then it should be quite achievable. Travel 'C' means travelling in Business class. 'C' is a term used by frequent flyers to mean Biz class as quite often that's the fare code.

Since you're based on Perth, we could suggest that you fly to SIN and back just to earn those 3,500 miles. Obviously, a miles earning ticket will be required.

If not, it would be best to ask SQ if they could make special exceptions to your case.
          Thanks--do you reckon it would help if I book and pay for Sept ticket now?

Comment

I think it might help to show sincerity but really only SQ can answer that question

In any case, since you're 3,500 miles short of Gold, you'll only drop to Silver and not to 'zero' unless you consider Silver as 'zero'

Comment

I think it might help to show sincerity but really only SQ can answer that question

In any case, since you're 3,500 miles short of Gold, you'll only drop to Silver and not to 'zero' unless you consider Silver as 'zero'
              No but silver does not give you access to the lounge and baggage allowance is much lesser.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Dave.

Maybe you could attend this event. There you go - keep your EG status, meet up with some awesome people in the process, and pick up even more Krisflyer tips.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Thanks--do you reckon it would help if I book and pay for Sept ticket now?
                  Actually it would help. In my case, I was short of a few hundred miles to requalify for KF Silver and my membership year ends on 31st Mar. I had a flight booked on 4 Apr that would allow me to requalify. After a few emails to KF, they said if I could give them the ticketed details they could bring it up to management to allow an extension. Be prepared to have quite a few emails up and down but eventually I got the extension. Good Luck!

Welcome to SQTalk, Dave!

Comment

Where were my manners? Welcome to SQTalk, Dave, and I apologize for lapsing into the jargon of frequent flyers.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and we will do our best to answer them or point you in the right direction.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Just a thought - maybe spend a weekend in AKL? NZ has some reasonable PER-AKL return fares - make sure you book a mileage-accruing fare class though. PER-AKL-PER would comfortably retain EG for you.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I hope the OP succeeds in extending the deadline. As I posted before, my brother with flights planned about 1 week after requlification period didn't manage to get the extension, which he would get EG.

Meanwhile, it might be wiser to just do an MR to secure the status just in case the extension doens't work out. PER-SINvv.

Do post the outcome!

Comment

Working...
                        X