Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US custom clearance question

This is my iten: YEG-YUL YUL-IAD IAD-MCO

My concern is when I arrive at IAD (Washington DC) at 11:38am on a saturday. Will I clear US customs in time to catch my flight to MCO(Orlando) at 12:25pm?

If I cannot make it since I don't think I can rebook without a penalty, are there any other alternatives?

I did not book these tickets because I would've allowed myself plenty of time.

Thats a v v v tight connection even without customs. Anyway cant you preclear at YUL for the USA?

Comment

I believe you are correct simong! THNX

But will I be checked in all the way to Orlando and not have to come out and get my luggage to recheckin?

The flights are AC, AC, and UA

Comment

It is a tight connection but I believe you will clear US immigration at YUL so it is basically a domestic connection which means that it is doable.

Comment

but Lobster do i have to pick up my luggage and check in again at IAD to MCO?

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
            but Lobster do i have to pick up my luggage and check in again at IAD to MCO?
            As you clear customs and immigration in Canada you do not have to pick up your luggage like you have to do if you arrive from anyother country into the US.

Comment

ok thank you Lobster and Simong for the fast responses!

hopefully I will have a smooth connecting trip and !MAYBE! post up a TR on Disney World, maybe Kennedy Space Center, and others more if I get a chance to go!
              Last edited by impresta; 11 July 2007, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Are you on two separate tickets, or one?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                  Are you on two separate tickets, or one?
                  do you meaning booking? if you mean bookign i am on 1 ticket(eg. all these connections are on 1 reservation). There's a return side too but that one is ok, i forsee no major problems.

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
                    do you meaning booking? if you mean bookign i am on 1 ticket(eg. all these connections are on 1 reservation). There's a return side too but that one is ok, i forsee no major problems.
                    Yes, I was inquiring if it was one ticket all the way through to MCO, or two separate tickets with the second ticket beginning in IAD (ending in MCO); I couldn't tell from your post.

That's a tight connection but you should be okay if your AC flight is on time, particularly since you will (or should) pre-clear Immigration & Customs in Canada, and IIRC both AC and Ted are currently using the C Concourse at IAD. Good luck & enjoy your trip to WDW!
                    Last edited by cawhite; 12 July 2007, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      It is a tight connection but I believe you will clear US immigration at YUL so it is basically a domestic connection which means that it is doable.
                      Speaking of clearing US immigration in Canada, the last time I came back to the US through YVR (i.e., around midday Monday), the queue was insanely long, coming back out from behind the check-in counters (where it would normally go right through to immigration) and into the main terminal where it snaked around a few more times. I don't know if it is all the cruises that come in and out of Vancouver, or poor planning, or both, but it was a pain.

Comment

Just to add, yes, you clear immigration and customs at YUL (similar case via YVR, or YYC, or YYZ). You pick up your bag at YUL for clearance, and redeposit the bag after customs. You don't need to pick it up at IAD. It will get transfer automatically. 47 minutes transfer at IAD is a short one, but legal AFAIK.

Note: You said you will take AC YUL-IAD arrives at 1138am. I see that is AC4612, which is actually a code-share, operated by United Express as UA7669.

Also, good point regarding the question of whether the whole itinerary in one ticket or two different tickets. AC will not do any baggage transfer if involve two different tickets. I just flew AC last week YVR-SFO one tix, then UA SFO-SIN in another tix. AC only could check my bag up to SFO.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies I greatly appreciate your expertise!

I will do my best for the TR *sniff* ** all just too great!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            ...Note: You said you will take AC YUL-IAD arrives at 1138am. I see that is AC4612, which is actually a code-share, operated by United Express as UA7669...
                            If it's a UX flight, that changes what I'd said about arriving in Concourse C. You could be arriving in A, C or D. If your arrival gate is in Concourse A, you'll need to take the moonbuggy (don't think it's anything like the buggy rides at Changi!) transport unit to Concourse C. That will make your connection tighter. Here's a terminal map of IAD.

Comment

Working...
                            X