SQ Y->C from MAN, more tax collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Y->C from MAN, more tax collect?

I would like to use KF miles to upgrade SQ Y class flights to C and this flight is from MAN to SIN.

UK airports always collect more airport tax for C class passengers, so I want to know if I will be asked to pay the tax difference when I issue Y->C e-upgrade by miles.

If I need to pay this difference, am i better to change from the flight to LHR/SIN for VS CH and BTC?

Thanks!

Even if you didn't have to pay the difference (and I think you do), I would still have suggested doing the upgrade option from LHR, because that way, you could extend the C experience to include the lounge visit. You might also be able (subject to availability) to enjoy the UD of a 744 and to select the flight that best fits your travelling preferences (schedule of departure and combination of meals).

Welcome to SQTalk, bearteacher.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

You should be liable for more APD. I think it goes from 40 to 80 GBP for Longhaul.

Comment

UD?

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        You might also be able (subject to availability) to enjoy the UD of a 744 Welcome to SQTalk, bearteacher.
        Sorry, what is UD?

Comment

Upper Deck

Comment

bearteacher, I was just talking to a friend who redeemed recently. When the upgrade certificate is issued, you'll be asked for a credit card with which to pay the additional tax.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

being considered Y or C passenger?

It is interesting that a memeber of flyertalk forum replied me I will be considered as Y passenger so i don't need to pay the tax difference.

Anyway, i will ask SQ then tell the answer here. Hope it is not case-by-case.

Comment

I am in SKL right now. According to them, since you are upgrading to C class, the tax for premium pax from LHR will apply. You are a C pax, since you pay C using Y fares plus miles for upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by bearteacher View Post
                  It is interesting that a memeber of flyertalk forum replied me I will be considered as Y passenger so i don't need to pay the tax difference.
                  Well that's wrong I'm afraid. I've upgraded Y to C from MAN a few times and always been charged the higher level. You may get lucky and it somehow gets missed and slips through, but it's definitely due at the higher level.

We can blame our new PM for this.

Comment

I too have been charged the tax for premium passengers when upgrading from Y to C on LHR-SIN.

Comment

Working...
                    X