• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JFK] VS - Clubhouse

CGK
    JFK Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse
    « Thread started on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:48am »
    Greetings from the Lounge.
    I arrived early for my SQ25. Still another 5 hours to go. And check-in counter opens only 4 hours prior to the departure time.
    Went straight to VS CH, and just by showing my PPS card, I was allowed to enter. Of course, another flyer decided to ignore me by going to meet his friends in town.
    Anyway, here are the food offerings:

Daily specials

A selection of daily specials are on offer to compliment the set menu, please ask a member of the team or see a copy of our special card at the bar

Lighter bites

Soup of the day served with a selection of fresh breads

Smoked salmon with sliced beef tomato, Bermida onion and seedless cucumber on bed of baby red oak lettuce

Baby romaine lettuce, pear tomato and black olives with slices of roasted chicken breast with homemade croutons and caesar dressing

Bigger bites

Flying Club sandwich - a Frequent Flyer on the menu
    Grilled chicken breast with mozzarella and roasted peppers on rosemary baguette

Marinated flank steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions served with baby vegetables, roasted potatoes and cognac sauce

Vegetables risotto with roasted red peppers and brandy creme

Naughty but nice

Warm apple cobbler werved with vanilla ice cream

Seasonal fresh fruit with creme fraiche

Selection of international cheese with accompaniments

Snack bar

Just help yourself!

Freshly made-to-order deli-style sandwiches are also available, please ask a member of the Clubhouse team

Note: I am having cosmopolitan, with angus burger. May be later will have the apple cobbler.

jhm
    Re: JFK Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:39am »
    I wonder how often the menu changes ? The menu is different from when I was there a month ago (I had crab cakes).

CGK
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:48am »
    It says:
    JFK Clubhouse Dinner Autumn 2006
    That's why it's different than the last time when you were here, which was summer.

jhm
    « Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:04am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:48am, CGK wrote:
    That's why it's different than the last time when you were here, which was summer.

Summer and now autumn ? You make it sound sooooo long since my last SQ flight! All I have to look forward to until X'mas is BA/AA/MY and the lounges at LHR, LGW, KEF, CDG etc.
    How do you spend FIVE hours in a lounge (even if it's the VS CH) ?
    « Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:04am by jhm »

CGK
    « Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:09am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:04am, jhm wrote:
    Summer and now autumn ? You make it sound sooooo long since my last SQ flight! All I have to look forward to until X'mas is BA/AA/MY and the lounges at LHR, LGW, KEF, CDG etc.
    How do you spend FIVE hours in a lounge (even if it's the VS CH) ?

Right, you need more SQ flights!
    5 hours in loneliness.
    But I had been on-line. Did the check-in fiasco. More food to eat!

Jhm
    « Reply #5 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:15am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:09am, CGK wrote:
    Did the check-in fiasco. More food to eat!

Didn't you write in another thread about wanting to tone your "chubby body" (not from what I can see ) or was that an excuse to give for wanting to visit the gym ?

Good luck with your luggage!

CGK
    « Reply #6 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:20am »
    Really, my tummy has grown so much. Well you can see why. After angus burger, I had just now apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Those wer unhealthy right?
    Need to have a new daddy. Thus, have to compete with all those younger and better body appearance persons.

PPS: One of the SKL staff, told me last time, I should find someone who accepts whoever I am...

jhm
    « Reply #7 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:47am »
    And in a few hours time, you get on SQ25 and have dinner! Reminds me of my SIN-CGK-SIN-SGN in a morning - really too much food...

CGK
    « Reply #8 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:49am »
    Yeah, I am full and drunk already...
    Well, may be DFP is willing to consume my BTC roast duck.

jhm
    « Reply #9 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:55am »
    Who's going to be willing to consume all your Krug though...

CGK
    « Reply #10 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:05am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:55am, jhm wrote:
    Who's going to be willing to consume all your Krug though...

I will...
    My dinner will be Krug!

jhm
    « Reply #11 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:17am »
    SQ25 diverted to YYT to offload a passenger in F who's drunk far too much!

CGK
    « Reply #12 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:23am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:17am, jhm wrote:
    SQ25 diverted to YYT to offload a passenger in F who's drunk far too much!

That should be my nextdoor seatmates!

CGK
    « Reply #13 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:00pm »
    After delayed of the traffic at JFK, SQ25 arrived in FRA before 11am. It was 9V-SMZ. Thus, no Connexion.
    Drunk, yes. But we wer stuffed. The BTC were swithed for our continental breakfast. And we had choies from the menu.
    Got to use the caviar spoon that was a gift from SQ this past summer. Great! And we had two servings of caviar!
    All seats in F were occupied.

Some random pics from this lounge:

Last edited by SQflyergirl; 8 May 2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

October 2006

Comment

More pictures

The view of Terminal 4 JFK (from near the elevator, before the Swiss Lounge)

Middle part of the lounge

Cosmopolitan and Spring Rolls

The Shower

The Sink

Comment

JFK Clubhouse Sp_07

a la Carte

Daily specials
          A selection of daily specials are on offer to complement the set menu, please ask a member of the team or see a copy of our specials card at the bar.

Lighter bites
          Bitter greens salad with crumbled Roquefort and teardrop tomatoes served with blackberry vinaigrette

Soup of the day served with a selection of fresh breads

Grilled asparagus and steak tataki served with hoi sin vinaigrette

Bigger bites
          Flying Club sandwich - a frequent flyer on the menu
          Breaded eggplant and aged provolone cheese served in roasted vegetable foccacia

Centre cut pork loin served with roasted black plums and polenta

Lobster ravioli and asparagus served in Pernod & saffron broth

Naughty but nice
          Colombian-style tres leches flan

Seasonal fresh fruit platter

Selection of international cheese with accompaniments

Snack bar
          Just help yourself!

Freshly made-to-order deli-style sandwiches are also available, please aske a member of the Clubhouse team

Comment

I am here now (May 26, 2007) and the menu is still the same as the latest one posted by CGK above.

All I can say about the atmosphere of this lounge is "WOW". It is very noisy but it has a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Sitting on a bar here is like sitting at a real bar. Bartenders and all waiters are very friendly. Food presentation and tastes are great as well.

Additional info is that SAA has now stopped using the lounge since 3 weeks ago. Now only SQ and TAM use the lounge along with VS.
            Last edited by UMD; 27 May 2007, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Hi, a friend of mine asked me to check on access to this lounge :

He is flying in on SQ to JFK, and flying off on American Airlines - he has spousal Solitaire PPS status - so, is access to this lounge same as the VS lounge in LHR ie any PPS or *G can access when flying SQ or VS only ?

That means he can't access since his onward flight is on AA ?

Can anyone help please ? Thanks in advance.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

It's a departure lounge, so it's the departing flight that matters. An AA BP will not permit him entry.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Correct. VS-CH is for departure only, and it opens 3pm or later. Thus arrival on SQ26 would be too early. (Yes, I got the invitation to use the lounge upon arrival on SQ26 as part of the so-called-gift-in-pursuing-god-like-treatment-for-life. )
                  The problem with connecting to non-*A flight is no lounge access. But, you may want to try LH SEN in Terminal A. AFAIK, you can use the lounge using the *G card upon arrival. But not so sure about BP for next flight requirement.

Comment

Last month, I tried to access LH SEN in Terminal 1 with *G while waiting for the VS lounge and SQ 25 check-in to open but I was not allowed in. The lounge dragon told me that *G could only access the Senator lounge if we had already a checked-in *A BP. Even my e-ticket that clearly showed my SQ flight in the next 5 hours did not work.

Comment

I saw the notice behind the desk, as I recalled, listed the admission guidance. *G without BP ok. Wish I took the picture of it.

Comment

Ok, will tell my friend to forget about JFK VS lounge (he went to LHR VS lounge on my recommendation and LOVED it - had a VS burger or something).

Will also tell him to try LH SEN lounge at Terminal 1 (or A).
                        Otherwise he'll just have to make do with American Airlines lounge, won't he ?

Thanks for the help, everyone !
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                          Otherwise he'll just have to make do with American Airlines lounge, won't he ?
                          How would he access AA Lounge? Flying AA in F or C domestic market will not gain access to the lounge I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            How would he access AA Lounge? Flying AA in F or C domestic market will not gain access to the lounge I think.
                            If he's flying AA transcon in First and booked in F or Z, he can access the Flagship Lounge where available, regardless of club membership or status.

Alternatively, any oneworld emerald or sapphire status (other than AA) would also grant access to AA lounges.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              If he's flying AA transcon in First and booked in F or Z, he can access the Flagship Lounge where available, regardless of club membership or status.

Alternatively, any oneworld emerald or sapphire status (other than AA) would also grant access to AA lounges.
                              upright man's friend is flying from JFK, which doesn't have a Flagship Lounge. If it's who I think it is , he's also not a OW frequent flyer.

A one-day pass would be the way to gain access, though I think the pass is rather pricey unless he will pass through a bunch of Admirals Clubs during his journey that day or he has a long layover at JFK.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X