GLA Airport Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLA Airport Incident

Well, I guess you might have heard about the discovery of two car bombs in Central London yesterday and the incident at Glasgow (GLA) Airport.

The UK Home Office has raised the threat level to Critical - Immediate attack likely.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6257606.stm

So for all the SQTalkers, becareful and be vigilant. ... and the fall out is longer processing times at the airport.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 1 July 2007, 04:40 AM.

Yeah, it was on BBC since this morning when I woke up..
    Hope next weekend when some would fly out from the UK, everything would be peace and quiet.

Comment

I have a part time job in a stadium. Usually, they are pretty relax about bag check, but yesterday, everyone's bag must undergo thorough screening. It's not just in the airport, unfortunately..
      Luckily, it moves pretty fast.

Comment

I didn't know about the GLA incident until I got home this evening. That and the attempted bombings the other day explain the increased police presence I noticed walking around central London this afternoon.

I'll be passing through GLA in a few weekends' time (and staying the night at an airport hotel) so hope things will be back to normal then...

Comment

Yes saw this on the bbc website last night. I bet the airports are going to be a bit mad in the UK next week as they tighten up on security. I hope this does not effect my tranfer at LHR next Friday. It is only 90mins and hear that can be quite tight for a T4 to T1 transfer at the best of times.

Comment

I hope this settles down quickly, or else it will be an even more hellishly early morning to make the 0650 flight I have coming up later in the week.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I saw that on CNN

Comment

I hope this coming Friday, everything will be normal at LHR. I saw the news about a small package today at LHR, and stopped the activities a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  I hope this coming Friday, everything will be normal at LHR. I saw the news about a small package today at LHR, and stopped the activities a while.
                  Me too, hoping for normality at LHR this week

Comment

I hope things will go back to normal as soon as possible. I guess for now, security checks will be tightened, but I think there may be some impact on the airport security after the incident at GLA.

Comment

Sounds like flights are leaving normally today. So hopefully things will not be too bad on Friday although I am getting more and more worried that I will miss my connection as I only have 90 minutes and they say it normally takes 70 minutes from T4 to T1 so it will not take much of a delay for me to be in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                        Sounds like flights are leaving normally today. So hopefully things will not be too bad on Friday although I am getting more and more worried that I will miss my connection as I only have 90 minutes and they say it normally takes 70 minutes from T4 to T1 so it will not take much of a delay for me to be in trouble.
                        You're a very brave soul to have booked that connection. Perhaps this is one of the times when you'll need to bypass the FCC and go through Immigration instead. Good luck, Lobster!
                        Last edited by jjpb3; 2 July 2007, 10:54 PM.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Actually, I remembered in May when I missed my BA flight to MXP, which resulted in the earlier finish on my run, I noticed that BA had arranged speedy connection service for the C and F pax (and they were in the same PNR, and I was not).
                          Oh, and I must predict that if lobster misses his flight, BA will put him in the next flight to his destination! Late for his appointment though!

Comment

Yeah I'm sure that BA will sort me out if I do miss my connection as it is all one booking but as CGK said I do have a very important meeting with some VIPs which I would hate to miss.

Comment

Fingers crossed for smooth flights and less stressful time at airports...as I am travelling today (like someone who has failed geography) to meet a group of VVIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X